I have an idea, for doodlebug.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i may be sincere for a moment....

i can't tell you how good it felt monday morning to get up and read all the nice words on the forum. if i could of pysically hugged everyone of ya'll i would of....i was deeply moved...it means something to me to know that my LA peers view my {little} opinions so highly.

i use this forum not only as a creative resource, but an emotional one also. if i didn't have access to it, i'd feel really lost....and i say thank you to all involved.

and i promise to work on getting a book puiblished (i have a feeling the kinko empoyess will know me by name)...and teaching engagements are soon following

i really do enjoy this forum. i lurk alot, and post in spruts, but there is not a group of nicer ladies any where....i'm definately planning a trip to MQX or MQS to meet ya'll

*wet smoochies*

now back to work....

Originally posted by doodlebug

i'd love to make a DVD, but i'm like a mosquito in a nudist colony- i know what to do, but don't know where to start :)

Just had to bring this over to this page..... stilll in my minds eye! Very funny - reminds me of Dolly P. in that movie where she said something about a one legged man in a butt kicking contest??!?!

I hear the southern twang in both and in the Dr. Suess poem - love it too!!! You could quilt in that ther' yurt!

In MHO I vote for both a book and DVD, Shannon. And if it need be and help you at all I will be more then willing to pre-pay for them.

She could call her book........"Doodle-bugging With Shannon"! Doesn't that sound good for a book and DVD??????????:cool::cool:

Shannon,

I vote for both. I'm sure this sounds like a monumental task.

Maybe, IN YOUR SPARE TIME, (I know) you could start doodling a WORKBOOK (or a DOODLE BOOK)...thinking of it as a handout for your quilting class and future DVD. The workbook could help you frame the structure of your class.

Once you teach a few classes, testing it all out, you'd be ready for a DVD.

I'd be happy to help you edit any writing if you need it. That's what I used to do in my real job, before retiring.

I look forward to hearing more about this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hurrah for the folks who have been so supportive of Shannon. I know that she is busy writing down ideas for classes/book/DVD and I believe that she will be teaching a set of classes in the spring;)

Can we help Shannon out and be specific about what we want from her and what we've seen that has worked for us in other books/classes?

We all know that she has her own style and she has a wonderful way of 'listening' to a quilt to figure out what it wants/needs. It may be a challenge for her to describe how her head works and what is going through it as she mentally picks out or creates a design. But I think we do need to hear her go through that design process - or be able to read about it.

What else should be in the book/DVD combination? What do you want to hear from her in classes?

Like I said, she is busy planning things; now is the time to give input specifically on what we would like to see - and what can help set her book/DVD apart from other products. She can view this as early Market Research.

Lynn

Archived