Fair Ribbons.

RitaR

Hi folks, well, our little fair is underway. I entered 2 quilts, the green one with colored pieced circles in it, and the little town made of wonky houses and the works. I faired first place on both.. Himselfentered his Ugly fabric quilt, sort of African setting, and he got third place. We both feel so blessed.

On our guild booth, we chose to show how to make a quilt of Valor, and highlight the Booth with Name, "Quilts of Valor", photo's of some of our kin in uniform, himself made a mini quilting table and no one knows what it is, but one lady who wants us to GIVE it to her while she uses dollar bills in the bathroom. LOL.. they must know nothing about sewing or quilting.. :oanyway we had everything laid out that would be needed, iron, ironing block, machine, thread, scissors, roller cutter which I'd made a lead foil blade for, folds of fabric, thread snips and threads on the floor, quilt rack and quilts. We were told the judges didn't like us throwing thread and fabric snips on the floor... lol, so we only got second place, which I'm still mighty Proud of.

We also decorated bras and so far from all I've heard, before they know which one I made, mine is ahead on the votes. I'ts lime green fabric over the bra, then a circle of leaves around the cup and finally totally coverd with petals of flowers.. Named: Petals of Passion: :o :o :o:D :D :D :D

post--13461902573638_thumb.jpg

NP at all Kristina. It's fun to have someone want to see my work, and his.

My bra, when folded together looks like a darling little kids purse.. can't find my trash can so I can retrieve the good one of the bra. should be on my start page.

will put more in webshots.. Guild/Fair will be title I hope.

RitaR

Thanks much I've been rather down lately, so your sweet comments really give me a boost. sure feels weird way up here... hope I don't find out how far it is down.. ROFL..

Really though, thank you very much.

havent had time to post the photos to webshots, hope to do that in a few min.

God Bless, ritaR

Archived