panto or custom?? Bringing this to the top

I know I've already asked but I have been doing avoidance therapy on this one. (2 actually, she gave me 2 :o) Any fresh ideas?? It needs to be custom but quick and light. sid is not really an option as they aren't all that accurate I can't avoid them any longer. My client line up ( oh I need it by Christmas) is getting too long and I'm getting that overwhelmed feeling I get.

post--1346190269207_thumb.jpg

April's idea is good! I just finished a panto which is #1 with my customers....Blustery Day by Nicole Webb....it would be a good one. I like her pantos, this one is a solid 11" design, no real dove-tailing...so the 92"sq quilt that I just finished was done in 8-1/2 passes! Good thing too, just getting back to try LA-ing after a couple of weeks flat on my back...soooo boring!

Tracey...here is the link to the sunflowers

http://www.patternman.com/shop/search.aspx

If you like it I could always send it over for you to borrow, but I don't want to sell it! I suppose the Post Office would sell some kind of tube for packaging and you aren't too far away. Let me know, I'd be glad to help out:)

This pattern looks real good on busy country-coloured scrappy quilts, too.

Tracey I would just do some continuous lines around the sunflower or add little loops in the middle of the petal and then meander in the background do a leave shape in the leaf area. You wouldn't necessarily have to SID anything although my personal option would be to do that (again only if she is paying). Pam Clark has some awesome designs out there. You should get some of her DVDS on continous line quilting. I just had a class with her at Camp Mowana and boy did I learn a lot of quick designs that look like you spent a long time doing them but they go rather quickly.

How many variations of Custom are there?

I give my customers TWO CHOICES:

1. EDGE TO EDGE (be it Circle Lord template, panto, or an all over meandering design) OR

2. CUSTOM

And I explain the difference.

My custom is twice as much as E2E and they make the choice before they leave.

I haven't ventured into heirloom custom yet, but when I do, it will cost more. For now, it's two choices.

Archived