sashing motif

so i have this quilt, this is the third i've quilted...it was a LQS's BOM....beautiful quilt...one little design issue...the blocks finish at 15", the sashing is a rail fence with 2" wide logs (all together finishing at 6")....that's right....2 doesn't divide evenly into 15....so i had to but on my thinking cap...3 divides evenly into 15...so this is what i came up with....i'm pretty pleased with myself...but i'm biased on the issue :) AND- it can be quilted continously across the quilt...double bonus!

when the quilt is picked up (next week) i'll post the rest of the pictures to my blog...

post--13461902902552_thumb.jpg

here's how i quilted it....i used the 9patch corner stones to travel. it could totally work in a border that is evenly divisable (ie: a 6" wide border- divisable by 3..as well as a 9"....a 8" is divisable by 4, so on)

this is a shrunk image, if you want the 'big' one email me and i'll send it to you...

also the little flower in the center, you could put what ever in there....leafs, figure8s, points, curly cues...whatever you can imagine...hearts would be pretty....as long as you come back to the center of the X...

happy stitching!

post--13461902902857_thumb.jpg

Archived