latest Baby quilt

Did you ever have a quilt that just didn't talk to you? This one about drove me nuts! This is a quilt that one of my friends made. I loved the colors but hated that center...oh should I say that? Well I just couldn't decide what to do with it. I stitched once and then frogged. She wanted showy thread which is not what I normally do. I think it turned out ok. I used my Quiltazoid to make the heart wreath in the center and then the rest is all freehand. This is the first time I've done these hump/bump feathers. I'm rather pleased with the back! I used Kingtut on top and bottom line on the bottom. My batting was QD Poly Supreme and I loved it!

front:

2809758990104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

Back (my favorite side :P)

2292576200104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

Originally posted by kennan100

That quilt must be a Heidi Whisperer! It got it's message through alright! Subliminal! :D:D

Well it certainly wasn't whispering loudly! LOL The colors were very bright and cheerful but it was the center star (lost it completely) that really threw me. I just couldn't think of a way to quilt that center and make it look like a star. The center square was 7 1/2" so too big to do the center flower in it. I was pleased with the feathers in the outside border and in the white. I loved the back and it was a beautiful wholecloth. I'm glad it is finally done.

Archived