In heaven...

Well I have had my Millie setup for just over a week and I have to say I am in heaven! Love this machine.

I started out on an old Singer 96-40 on a frame with no speed control, no stitch regulator, no channel locks, etc. Added a router speed control to at least have some form of control. Managed the channel locks with folded cardstock under the wheels. But never managed the stitch regulator besides listening by ear and feel of the machine. A picture is attached of the old one.

So, one week, one QOV, lots of practice and I am already hooked. The QOV took half the time on the Millie. Did manage to use a panto on it but the next hurdle is to just get it in my head to be able to operate from the freehand side of the machine.

Life is good. Thankful this week that my husband gave me a garage to setup the new machine as selling the old machine, he says, is out of the question, belonged to a family friend and will be treasured for many years.

So glad that I finally took the plunge and kept reading the sale adds from APQS.

post--13461902907225_thumb.jpg

Congrats Rona!!!

I think I remember you posted a quilt that you quilted on your old machine and you did a fabulous job. Well NOW you can do that and more with your new baby. I had, it looks like, the same machine you have, even down to the same tile on the table! I don't miss it at all but it was a workhorse and not temperamental at all: i.e.: any thread, any fabric, any batting, dust or no dust, it did not bother that machine. I bought the Lenni and it has a 10 foot table and the old table was 11 feet, which I miss, and of course I love the extra throat space and SR. I'm wondering if I can put Lenni on the old table when I need more space. I think Bonnie Botts' old machine had this same table and it was an APQS machine. ANYWAY...... enjoy your new baby and I know you will do beautiful work with it.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. Sad news last night was that family friend passed away and her funeral is today. I had committed to create a small quilt for the Alzheimers Art Quilt Initiative because she had alzheimers. Now I have to just do it. It will be quilted on the old machine in her honor.

Thanks again to everyone.

Hi Rona, so sorry to hear of your friends death. Alzheimers is such a hateful disease.

congrats on the new machine. I still have my old one, a rotary, cut and made longer. Had some go arounds with it. Still trying to sell it. Love my Lenni and have fun on it, so pray your fun continues with your Milli.

Ritar

Archived