Contemporary quilt with bali-pops

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The quilt pattern is called Transitions and its made by Cozy Quilt Designs, I think.

I used the No Frills circle templates to make the circles. I also just bought Deloa's curved thing that I used near the border. The rest is free-hand.

Somebody asked to see more pictures. You can get to my webshots to see more pictures by clicking on the photos in this post.

As far as Myrna's videos go, you can find them on her website. www.aquilterschoice.com. My favorite is the Fowlproof feathers one. But I like all of them. They are the only videos I've used till recently when I bought one of Jamie Wallens.

Thanks for the kind words. You all make me smile.

Jessica

JESS, I can't get the smile off my face. AWESOME job!!!!!!!WOW. You are a natural :P:):P It does have look like it has a bit of my thinking in it. I am so proud. Didn't you get a Hartley Fence? Give me a call and catch me up on stuff.

Carol, come take classes with me I am only 3-4 hour drive from you.

Myrna

Jessica -- Wow! Woah! You are talented!

For that level of custom I would have felt justified asking for .05 psi. Although you are newer to quilting, I would set your rates higher than average for a beginner, if you are going to put that much work into it and already have the talent that you do.

I think your use of dense meander next to outlined shapes was effective in showcasing the quilting patterns. As far as thread goes, you look like you are going to experience the same thing I do -- putting major work into a custom job on a pieced quilt with the result that the quilting doesn't show unless the light is right. I think that is one reason why some art-oriented quilters have gone to the neon or Brytes theads; thread painting techniques; fabric painting after quilting; and, trapunto or faux-trapunto.

I tend to use Bottom Line (60wt) for work like you did here -- the thinner thread seems to showcase micro-work best, although what you did here looks great! I think the dark green was a good option for the rust colored center -- another option might have been a gold (to attract the eye with the lighter thread).

Great job!!! Can't wait to see what you do next.

Jessica there is not a lot I can add to what has already been said. This is one beautiful quilt and never again are you to refer to yourself as a beginner. You are obviously a natural at this. Congratulations and can hardly wait to see your next project

Archived