NQR What a great night!!!

Well I just have to tell my quilty friends that tonight was a great night. We went out to dinner with my son and his wife for my birthday and they gave me my gift, which was an EQ6 and some cutting pads for my Cricut. How fun is that !!! but wait,,,,then they gave me a card that she had made, and I am carefully reading it (small print in the dark at my age ha ha) and I get to the bottom and it says from Nathan Evelyn and Baby!!! Can you believe it!! A grandbaby for my Birthday!!! Can't top that... I am floating on cloud nine Now I better get out those patterns for a baby quilt!!!! Thanks I just had to share (can't tell anyone else cause no one else knows yet and they want to tell them, it is there first) happy happy happy;););)

Roxanne,

What a nice BDay present!!! I saw the cutest baby blanket at the LQS today, two 45" pieces of flannel sewn right sides together leaving a space to turn with wide rick rack in the seam, turn and top stitch all around! Great for receiving blankets and everyday, should wash real well and should take <15 min!!!

Congratulations!!!!:):):):)

Thanks everyone yes I am still floating this morning! The baby is due in August according to her calculations. Now we wait to see if it is twins which is a good possiblilty since we have them on both sides. As a matter of fact the Daddy (My Son) is a twin. Too soon to know now.

As for the EQ6 it is still on its way so I will have to wait to design that baby quilt. Which will give me plenty of time to go pet fabric and get color choice ideas!!!

You are all right, this will be a hard Birthday to beat!!!::):):):)

Thanks again everyone and Julie you are asking us about words? Aren't you the teacher? Now have you had too many Snow Days???? Did you hear the Farmers Almanac is calling for 20 inches of snow on the 20th of January!!! You may be teaching into August!!! Julia sounds like a fun receiving blanket! Going to try to crochet around on first and then maybe I'll try that one. Which shop maybe I will have to stop and look.

First of all,

Happy Birthday.

Secondly, congratulations to all of you. When is the baby due?

I had a friend that was having his first child and they wanted to keep it a surprise as to the sex of the baby, so I looked at way too many pattern and couldn't decide on one that was unisex that I liked. To make a long story short I made 2 different tops. One in pinks and one in blues. They had a girl so I quilted up the pink and then luckily a boy came along not too long after.

Seeing as you are going to be too excited for the next several months until the little one arrives why don't you consider designing an heirloom style wholecloth. This is definitely the right type of motivation to push yourself to do something special.

Try to get some sleep, enjoy this exciting time with your family.

Lisa

Archived