Circle Lord Template

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long boards....Swirls. I love it. It is fast, and looks good on a variety of quilts.

Templates for the base....wow....now you are getting complicated. I love the 18" crosshatch template because I hate marking and trying to keep CH straight. I also stink at feathered wreathes so I like that one too. And then theres......:D

Thank you--thank you Sylvia for asking this important question.

I'm not actually interested in long boards, but the actual "templates"

I'm not ready to chuk my pantographs quite yet, but the concentric templates and the variations of them is much more intriguing and of interest to me if and when I ever settle down and decide to buy a Circle Lord. I have been debating this purchase for over a year now.

I just can't decide if I really will justify the cost, will I truly use it.------I read anything and everything I see posted about the CL whenever the topic pops up. I just wanted to say thank you for another interesting posting.:)

I still use pantos also but my most requested is the Swirls and the Square Dance is just wonderful for a more masculine quilt. The clam shell is great on old fashioned quilts and it doesn't take away from embroidered or applique quilts. Meaning it just kind of hides in the background. As for the smaller templates I love my Aztec and the Ginko. Lots of designs hidden in them. It's really hard to pick my favorites.

Hi Mary Beth,

No---I realize I probably wouldn't get rid of my pantographs, but I probably wouldn't be as interested in the long boards as the templates considering the prices for the long boards, and my accumulation of pantographs.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm really more interested in knowing more about templates at this time----:)

Oh Angie, I understand completely. I just wanted you to know that there are some quilts that want the floral designs you get with pantos. From a business stand point, if you quilt about 3 queen size qults with a CL long template, you can pay for that template. Then the rest is profit. Personally, I can quilt a queen size with Swirls, Baptist Fan, 7 Wonders, etc in about 2.5-3 hours, and charge .02 per sq in. And the pattern is just so much easier to follow. Instead of trying to keep a laser light on the line of a panto, you just drop the stylus into the groove and take off.

Now, you are right about the other templates. I love using stencils. Then I realized that with the CL templates I don't need to mark the quilt with chalk or markers. I just center the template and ta-da...done. Plus with the minis that Michael has come up with, you have several variations of designs to pick from with each template.

I only have some long boards but will probably get the CL to use the small templates at some point. The Aztec does look like a front runner. I will be watching this post to see what others like in the small template area.

The long boards are the best. My personal favorite is Water. Everything I used to meander, I now complete with this template. It is so quick to finish a quilt with these boards.

Mary

I am a CL "Junkie" :D! Because of the payment plan, it enables me to "feed my habit".

I do love the Swirls and Baptist Fan long boards - they do create a lot of movement in a quilt. And the long boards designs look like I spent days on a quilt, when in all actuality - only hours.

I have many of the templates that are used with the CL Basic, the ones I have used the most are the feathered wreath and Ginko. My goal in 2010 (inspired by the contest) - to play more with my other templates and be a little more creative with embellishing these designs - freehand. I do like working from the front of the machine now with those templates.

Michael and Kay have been in business for a while and their customer service is wonderful. It amazes me that Michael is constantly coming up with new, tempting templates!

Of all the quilting tools I have purchased, Circle Lord, is by far of the best quality and workmanship, the most useful - and easy peasy to use.

I love, love, love this new pampas clam template. You can use it with or without the two extra lines. You can quilt every other clam shell or even skip a row. The clamshell is one of my favorite templates cause it goes with everything. Looks great over embroidery and applique without taking away from the design of the quilt. But, I love being able to add the grass to my clam. I just called and ordered this one. Thanks Michael

Archived