Ferret's Nude Mother

Thank you for posting the picture Vicki it's the only one I've seen of Mother at the show.

When I first asked Bonnie to model she thought I was joking, but she is in great shape and I thought her hair would quilt up well. It was seeing the quilt of her daughter that finally persuaded her I think.

I am always on the look out for models, ideally ladies with some shape. Working with the stick thin girls with no shape at all is very hard.

On canvas I can't do anything. My medium is textiles, I can't paint or draw. I can't even draw quilting designs until I can stitch them in my sleep

Ferret

Originally posted by Ferret I can't paint or draw. I can't even draw quilting designs until I can stitch them in my sleep

Ferret

Dear Ferret, this one sentence is total inspiration to me. I can't draw either and am so discouraged because of that. When looking for classes to take, if they say bring a drawing tablet and pens...I skip those classes. I am so embarrased by my drawings and I know some teachers are just trying to encourage me by telling me how great it looks. Ha, I know that is not true. But to see someone quilt like you do and know that you cannot draw, totally makes me feel so much better. Thank you, thank you!!

That is an incredibly awesome quilt! I've not seen a quilt of a person this clear and wonderful before. Your talent is so impressive!

Mary Beth - I'm the SAME exact way! I'm currently taking the Quilt Whisperer class on MQR, and the very first lesson was about sketching out design elements you see around your house - then converting those into quilting motifs. I was horrified at exactly how terrible mine really were! They are bad! I cannot even draw a feather well :( ...but, I can quilt a mean Feather Flurry :)

So, I guess not everyone who can quilt, can draw. I really thought I was the ONLY one!

Debbie in Austin

Wow Ferret you are one with your thread! Sorry but I won't ever model for you even though I'm not stick thin! :P:P:P:P I'm sure it would leave people saying, "Burn my eyes out, burn my eyes out!":P:P:P

On a serious note I'm glad to hear that you can do this and not be able to draw! I can't draw to save my life. I can finally draft feather designs on my own but it took a ton of practice! Drawing a person, never!

Your work is amazing. And when I saw this picture, I thought it was a real photo - not a quilt. I could make a joke and say then I put my glasses on, but they were on. You truely have a gift that not many people have. Keep on keeping on Ferret cause I think we all like it, we really like it. ;)

Ferret, your work is amazing!!! Love the Phoenix, I've had many Phoenix moments. Your nude looks just like a photo, I'd like to see some up close shots (not because of the nudity) of the textures, colors. Flesh tones are so hard to do.

Last thought, when will we see a nude "male".:cool::cool::cool:

Archived