Studio Pics

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris, its lovely!! How far from your house is it?

Those walls are looking a little bare...I think you need to fill them with quilts.;)

More pictures please. How/where do you store your stash? Where's your cutting table, and all the other necessary paraphernalia we quilters can't live without??

Dory

Yes it does still look a little bare. Christmas kind of interrupted that.

My stash is part under my quilting machine (along with a number of other things) and up the ladder on the storage area above the kitchen and bathroom. In fact I've got lots of things I use up there as it's quite easy for me to get to. The storage area is much bigger than it looks in the picture.

My cutting table is the one you see in the middle of the room. I'm really pleased with this newly launched Horn, which raises and lowers and also the table flips up so that it can store flat against a wall.

My sewing machine is on a table against another wall which is probably not visible in the pic.

Another tall storage cupboard houses books, pantos and rulers. My ironing board is folded at the minute.

The area is 30 square metres and the distance from the house to the studio is about 100ft.

Its been a whole month since Christmas!! What have you been doing???:D:P

Your space looks great! I love your table that folds up; mine folds down, but its a cheap Joann's model. Unfortunately, the really nice table that folded up and was height adjustable just wouldn't fit well, so its been repurposed to my husbands screen printing area.

And how great that you have a full kitchen! I love being able to have a cup of tea or some water without having to run into the house all the time. You must really enjoy your new space...congrats!!!

Tracey

You are welcome anytime.

Linzi

When we had this built we decided to build to accomodation standard so that should we move it became a versatile space. So although it is oak clad, it is built like a wood framed house, fully insulated, damp proofed, clay tiled and wired and plumbed to house standard. Over Christmas with everyone staying, I pushed my machine up to the wall, cleared the big space in the middle and it became a studio flat and inhabited for a week. We have been really pleased. We didn't buy it as a kit, we had our excellent builder custom build it.

Archived