Stunt Piecers Needed STOP Volunteering now!!

Just wondered if anyone might fancy doing a little "stunt" piecing for me...! I'd provide the fabric and ideas. It is Oakshott shot cottons, Cherrywood and a few home-dyed bits and gold lame - no prints or batiks

In May 2010 I have a LARGE exhibition - stunt piecers would be named and given credit in the show catalogue!

I'm doing a quilted yurt which is 60ft all the way round. That is 720" all the way round!

I'm doing panels that will finish at 30" by 54" to make the walls but have not got it done as quickly as I had hoped.

The roof will be wool tartan/tweed

There needs to be 24 panels and I have almost pieced 11. Some can be plain (wholeclothy)

Anyone interested??!!:o

I mean - a stand in (like in a movie) who will do some piecing done so I can catch up!

Nancy Crow gets her hand quilting done by someone else, piecers get quilters to finish their quilts so I reckon quilters can ask piecers to put the top together...

I need some stars, something curvy or flying geese ish, or tumbling bocks or applique or diamonds - actually ANYTHING, especially a bit abstract - simply 'cos I'm running out of time to get all the piecing and quilting done on time

Of course, if anyone wants to be a "stunt quilter" as well that would be AWESOME!!

(Some of the panels are on my blog a while back - there isn't especially a theme apart from the fabrics and quilting)

All stunt piecers who can help out... THANK YOU! Please email me with your address and let me know what you like to do and I'll send you some fabric (breathing SIGH of relief...) esp Paper Foundation Piecing Experts - anything spiky would be marvellous. I have had a year to do this BUT still needed to do customer quilts to finance the project and then I became an APQS Rep - etc, excuses, etc!!

You are all AMAZING and I've already had some emails.

There will be 24 individual panels that finish at 30" wide and 54" long with binding. They will eventually be joined together possibly with industrial velcro or zips or somehow... This makes the wall that will be 54" high but 720" all the way round

The panels can be wacky or simple but must use the fabrics that I mentioned - they are the link...

IF anyone wants to quilt them I will be using Hobbs Polydown as it is economical and pouffy

For the backs I'm using white cotton (American Muslin) that I have dyed with Hungarian powder dye so if anyone especially wanted to do the whole thing I would send the back too.

The yurt is for an exhibition at Loch Lomond Quilt Show but is expected to tour other Scottish venues. It will be indoors. It will feature in Popular Patchwork magazine and in a book about Scottish quilters coming out in 2011

Depending on the logistics/cost of it travelling abroad I will try to get it into a large European show like Veldhoven or Alsace but wouldn't it be a cool thing to send to Sisters Outdoor Show?!

Archived