Problem with table level??

Yesterday I noticed that when I'm at the front of my machine, it seems to have drag when moving to the left and feel fine and free when moving to the right. We leveled the table this morning as the right side was lower than the left; however, it still feels the same.

Any suggestions?? Is it all in my head??

Originally posted by DoryJM

Any suggestions?? Is it all in my head??

Now don't go asking THAT question!! :P:P:P

Maybe,...just a thought here, check your strut bar. My DH lowered mine and it feels too tight in the middle now. Also, how about a piece of thread caught somewhere.

I know you have probably checked all this. Just ideas!!!

Guest Linda S

Remember when you put your table together? Assuming you set it up and didn't have someone else do it for you, those metal cylinders under the table can, over time, get a little loose, and you table could sag there. Check the whole table for level. Sometimes folks find it sagging in the middle.

Linda

Dory, I just returned from 2 days of Maintenance classes in Carroll, IA (and the classes were absolutely FANTASTIC, thank you Amy!!!). Anyway, one of the things that Amy suggested is if there is an area on your frame that feels different than the rest, to measure the width of your frame at every cylinder to make sure that they are all the exact same length. If one is not tightened quite as much, it will be a little bit wider and cause drag at that spot.

Problem solved; thank you so much everyone for your help. That is why I love this list!!

Patty, you were right on. The cams were right around 9--we changed then to 12 and I've just finished the sashing on a customer quilt with no drag at all!! I'm in love with Lily once again!!:P

Glad to hear all is well in the yurt!

Do you think the little leprechauns were messing with your machine??

Good thing you have great friends that don't mind offering helpful suggestions.

If it was me I wouldn't have had a clue, guess that is why I have Amy's maintenance manual. But even then that wouldn't have helped becasue the problem was the wrong adjustment on the Edgeriders.

Go figure, well I am glad Lilly is running smoothly now

Lisa:)

Lily is doing great and that's what this list is all about. I'm back out to quilt (and kick some leprechauns butts for messing with Lily)!!

I'm answering your other message tonight when I get to sit for a bit...you take care of yourself!!

So, what are cams? My machine has always had some drag right in the middle of the table and I thought it was because of the old house I live in with the crooked floors. Everything slants. The guy I purchased the machine from thought he leveled it but I've had to move it several times as it's too close to the wall for me to get behind it easily. (maybe in about 80 lbs!)

Archived