Finished - Sampler Quilt

So I have a sampler star quilt to do for our Guild. Any suggestions on how to attack it to bring it all together. The quilt will be raffled, and they want custom. I at first thought an E2E would unify the top, but as they want custom, I am at a loss. Do you treat evey block the same, regarless: or do you treat each block separate and unify it some other way

Inquiring minds need to know! What do you do?

So, the story behind this quilt; At the begining of the year everyone was given a paint chip, and the instructions were, make a 10" finished block, from those colors/tones/shades. It has to be a star, but any star you choose. This is the result.

I know they want custom, and I am okay with that, but simple custom. There is time restraint, and a limit to what I can do at this point. I don't mind pushing myself a little out of my comfort zone, but not so much that I am totally stressed. This quilt is going to be raffled......

Can you tell I am already stressed............

post--13461903877893_thumb.jpg

SID around the blocks themself. Also sid those small black setting squares.

Feather those large black triangles, and do a wavy feather in the outter black border.

I know it's alot of thread changes, but i'd definitly use a complimentary thread color for each star.

Doing that, meander stipple down the areas behind the star itself. That will make the star pop up!

Then do simple fill in's on the star points. cc's..,cute wavy lines...etc...whatever pops into your mind at that time.

I think once you have the background stipple-meandered down...you will see how each point talks to you.

Do you have Darleen Epp's pocket guides?

Have you taken Myrna's Just Do It? She has some awsome suggestions in there as well.

Google quilting background fill's and search that way. Maybe you'll come up with something you like

that will fit each portion of the star.

• 4 weeks later...

Kerry, this is a beautiful quilt, and your quilting really makes those stars pop! :)

What a fun idea for a block exchange....the paint chips give a nice range of colors for matching, and when all the blocks are exchanged they would compliment each other.

circles in the sashing were done with CQ, they are one of my favorites, who would think, a simpe circle.

Thanks for the comments...I hope the Guild is as happy with it. I love how it turned out! Thanks again for all the inspiration this forum provides.

Archived