APQS NEWS??

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, am very happy it will not be at MQX. While it sounds like I will be able to pass it up - I'm sure once I try it - I'll 'have to have it.' I think Lola-baby rolls along just fine right now - but I don't know anything different. I'm gonna try to keep it that way as long as I can!

Heidi - a lot of development and time went into this new system - and it is a totally new concept. I also felt the price was high at first, but knowing the difference in how the machine handles with and without the new system - I guess I am willing to pay for something that makes the head float ........... I just got tired of steering the Millie. As you know I switched to the Innova looking for a machine that has great stitch quality and would not fight me. The new rail system on the Millie is bringing the Millie up to that level of maneuverability - the reason I decided to keep Millie and send her north - I will now have a machine in both homes. Luckily, DH was in agreement. I now have 2 great machines!!! I was fortunate to see and try out the new system a while back and was blown away with the difference.

Meg,

I didn't realize you had decided to keep your milli. I'm so glad you are happy with it. Maybe this will be a long away upgrade for me but at the moment I don't feel like I need to spend the $'s. Improvements are always a good thing. I'll have to give it a whirl and hope that I don't feel like I have to have it after I do! I'm going to be getting the hydrallic lift next. I really feel like I can benefit from that.

Heidi - didn't make a big deal about keeping Millie - didn't want to raise red flags and have too many questions out of respect for APQS and also was sworn to secrecy. It is because of the upgrade that I decided to keep Millie. Long story short: I guess I was in the right place at the right time - found out about the upgrade, was invited to try it out - decided to keep Millie. Now that the cat is out of the bag officially - APQS should be celebrating!!!

Presently Millie is in boxes up north. Will put her back together when the upgrade arrives......... Will keep the Innova in CA and Millie in WA.

I'm sure Dawn will be posting some photos when she gets a chance and as Myrna says it's Awesome! It will be pretty easy to upgrade as it is new rails, carriage and axles for your Milli head! The Bliss system will be in the booth at Chicago, Paducah, and at MQS. :) I don't think it will be in the booth at MQX. :(

I am impressed with how smooth my Milli works now - can't imagine it moving any easier. I think I am just fine with mine the way it is and since I don't do LA quilting for a business, I can't justify the $$ to upgrade. I'd rather spend the money on a QZ and other goodies. :) For those who do a lot of detailed quilting, it would probably be a good investment.

There are two threads about the new Bliss system, with users asking the same questions on both. Could we consolidate the questions (and answers) onto the "New APQS Bliss System" thread, please? That way everyone will have the most current info.

Barb,

I'm not sure I know how to combine both threads, but I AM posting my response to questions in both threads so that we can hopefully wind up on the same page (figuratively if not literally, anyway!)

For those of you curious about the new Bliss system, check out these two links...one takes you to the other thread going on about Bliss and the other takes you to our web page on Bliss:

APQS Bliss System (Forum Topic)

APQS Webpage Highlights Bliss

my post on the other thread....

Hi Everyone,

I will definitely post photos of Bliss for you soon. The funny thing is, the system is so sleek and well-constructed that the photos won't really be able to show you much! The upgrade involves some really fantastic engineering with the carriage, encoders, and table rails.

I've been "beta testing" the Bliss for a few months now, and I'm very confident that the "bugs" are already worked out! In fact, I am so confident about the Bliss performance and ease of handling that I used it to quilt one of Marianne Fons' quilts that will appear under the scrutiny of studio lights and TV cameras on her TV Show "Love of Quilting" next season!

The Bliss system literally made my machine feel like it was floating on air, and the control and precision I gained doing tiny quilting was amazing. No more resistance or dragging....only smooooooth quilting.

Here are some observations about Bliss that may help you visualize it better until we can get some photos up on the site for you:

The carriage has been completely redesigned, slimming it down and decreasing its weight (easier movement).

The Bliss system has no adjustments to make. The sewing head axle wheels are mounted in their permanent position, so you don't have to try to change any cams or bolts.

Even the head axle wheels have been designed by our own brilliant engineer, Mike Moore. He listened to our desires and has created a sleek wheel with a deeper profile that glides effortlessly. Its material will not accumulate dirt and lint. Here's the REALLY cool part...Mike designed the wheels so that you could actually "change out" the bearings if you ever needed to instead of replacing the whole wheel!

The carriage axle encoders are now completely encased and ride on a new rail profile that doesn't collect threads or lint, either. The encoder system and drive technology is the same "cutting edge" stuff you see in the medical field on operating room equipment. Trust me, if I need to have a heart surgeon get in there and clean out my arteries from eating too many Iowa pork chops, I want his equipment to glide along effortlessly ! The Bliss does that for my quilting heart!

Since each part of the Bliss system is so integral to its smooth operation and fluid motion, the upgrade involves more elements than just plopping on new wheels. But even if the technology is complex, the installation is simple to do.

When Mike showed me how easily the carriage mounted to the new table rails, and then showed me how simple the head axles worked without adjustments, I figure in very short order I'll be out of my "manual writing" job. I'm sure a few photos and a paragraph or two will have most quilters "Blissfully" quilting away in very short order!

One last note...the Bliss system has changed the way my quilting machine feels, but stitch quality still remains supreme. The accuracy I've gained with my motions has made me really focus on what I'm stitching instead of what my "settings" are.

I'm now very glad that the controls are at my fingertips and I can concentrate on where I'm going....I don't have to take my eyes off the road to change things on a screen or adjust my speed or stitch length--I do it "on the fly". Since the Bliss has improved my actual "quilting motion" so dramatically, I discovered that I want as few distractions as possible when I'm "in the zone" and quilting my heart out!

I think about my daughter texting while driving (banned now in Iowa and many other states, hooray!) and how distracting, dangerous and potentially deadly it can be to take your eyes off the road for only an instant. While my quilts are certainly not "life or death" projects by any means, I am certainly opposed to "un-sewing" and will do whatever it takes to make my stitches where I want them to be in the first place. The Bliss has given me the tools to do that, and the Millie's stitch quality and fingertip controls have greatly reduced my "frog stitching" time!

Let me know what other questions you have!

Thank you Dawn. So the table top itself, and the carriage get replaced if you retrofit to and older table. What about using tracing boards like the Circle Lord giant boards that require us currently to add washers to raise the carriage height, will they still work? What would we have to change?

I just drove the Bliss at Chicago and for the 1st 3 minutes I didn't like it because I kept overshooting my backtrack feathers. After a few more minutes, I could hardly stand to stop stitching. Wow, what a difference! I immediately ran over to the IQ booth to ask if Zoltan were working on a change to the IQ to fit. It's a'commin' soon. He's working on it right now. I'm gonna have to have this. The strain of driving the Millie now is hugely reduced. It just glides with the touch. I'll be driving again in Paducah just to be sure I'm not imagining how smooth and easy it is.

Archived