need ideas - finished with pictures

If you can embellish her eye makeup and lips and face with sparklies that would look really cool. Do you have any gold and silver metallic? Maybe some reds and blues? you could do some cute designs in her little hat, her frilly collar, and the pony's harness, too. :) I remember the hooves always had sparkles on them.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a hoot! I can't understand the black and white border or the added top and bottom parts. Nothing seems to go together. So, Heidi, you'll have to work your magic on this one.

Maybe if you knew what the figure is supposed to represent it would be easier to quilt.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have finally finished this quilt which I'm calling over the moon. I hope my customer likes it. I'm glad it is done. I stressed more than I probably should on this one. The quilting went pretty smoothly except that there was some fullness to under control. I opted for just a feather flower meander in the patchwork sections because nothing really showed much and I needed something that would allow me to pull in some of the fullness. My cusomter liked swirls so I chose to do that in the border that really showed the most. I used my quiltazoid to do the piano keys and that went so quick. I love that thing! I'm most proud of the horse.

post--13461904155622_thumb.jpg

This would have been so much fun to work on! I didn't see it when you were looking for ideas, but my mind just exploded with ideas when I saw it. Then I scrolled down, and there was Shannon doing the deed! Is this an original design or is there a book or pattern....patterns? Please ask your customer, I might actually pull out the Featherweight!

Thanks everybody. This one definitely was outside my traditional custom quilts and those can challenge me a bit. What is funny is that I did some of the same traditional quilting on it with a little whimsy and it all worked out.

Kenna - this is her own original pattern. She used raw edge applique.

Meg - I marked the swirl border using Pam Clark's line stencils which just allowed me to keep the swirls similar in size. Those are my favorite stencils and I use them on almost every quilt! Everything else I pretty much just free-handed. On the horse I used school chalk to mark a guideline but I didn't necessarily follow it exactly. I was pretty proud of myself because I am much better with a very solid plan!

OMGosh, I have no idea how I missed this thread initially! I kept reading and laughing, tooooo funny. Shannon, you are amazing as always with your ideas.

Heidi, you did a wonderful job on this quilt. Totally awesome! I'd bet your customer is going to be delighted when she sees it! Please let us know what she has to say when she sees it.

:cool:

Archived