Which Templates to Choose?

marycontrary

Well, I did it. I ordered QZ at MQS. They must be selling really well, as production is now behind and I will have to be patient for 4 to 6 weeks before getting to play.

Linda and Adam were great! Adam is even going to make some kind of platform on which to place my old Quilt EZ templates so that I can use them on the front. These are the smaller single boards and Adam says they should work.

I also ordered the swags, but can't decide on what Tracing Templates to order. I'll pick 2 now, and add more later. Question is, which to pick? Which ones do you use the most? And what about the crosshatch -- is it important to have both the 1/4 crosshatch (diagonal) and the beadboard?

Those of us who are just purchasing (or thinking about it) would like the input of you advanced users. Thanks for your help!

woohoo mary!

if you are trying to stretch your buck - you can definately use the beadboard for crosshatching - or visa versa. it will take longer cause you'd have to move it, but it would work. i used my crosshatching to do a piano key border and i just moved it along. now that i have beadboard - it will be quicker but i will get the same result.

i also like template #15. i just got it and can see i will use it alot.

i dont envy your waiting so long...i had to wait one & half week and that seemed like torture to me.

Thanks for your advice! Heidi, seeing the beautiful crosshatching on your quilts at MQS was probably the final deciding factor in purchasing QZ -- your work is amazing!

I think I'll order #13, 1/4" Crosshatch and #4, Stars and Such. That, along with the spirograph, should give me enough to practice on for awhile. But I think I may eventually need all of them!

By the way, have you seen the new continuous template called Enchanted Garden? It's a leafy vine design with interchangeable flower sets that you can purchase and change out as needed. Another thing to go on my wish list.

Thanks again!

Mary, my favs are "everything". LOL.. I only have one or two templates from QZ, but have after this current order, decided to begin ordering as I can, all the boards with multiple patterns possible, the ones with numbers. I have #7 I think. Then I will begin with more of the pattern boards. I've not seen the Enchanted Gardens, I don't think. Will have to go check. Just enjoy and have fun.. It's great.

RitaR

I ordered the Enchanted Garden! It is boards you use from the back of the machine. It has leaves and vines and where the flowers are, they are interchangeable. I think they have 5 different designs so far to swap out in there like flowers, shamrocks(?), poinsettia and now I can't remember the others. It quilts out very nicely. Can't wait to get it!

I can't pick a favorite design board. I use most of them. I used the spirographs a little more than half the time.

p><p> Sorry Everyone. We

The photo below shows what the template looks like on a quilt. We'll add this to our website as soon as possible. We'll also have pictures of it stitched out on fabric.

Thanks for your interest. Sorry we're a little disorganized right now; the MQS was almost overwhelming!

Linda and Adam

<a  href=2324625440104533237S425x425Q85.jpg' alt=

Linda - Heidi told me you guys did real well at MQS. I'm happy for you both, but I have to say I'm not surprised. Like I told Heidi, as long as people were able to see it and try it, I knew they'd be sold. Who wouldnt want one? It's so fun and the results are great.

And I finally did a border with the swag template...easy peasy...I wish I could remember who says easy peasy - shana maybe? Well anyway - congratulations!

Thanks, Linda and Adam, for posting the Enchanted Garden pictures. Now I have something to look at until I get it in my possession! I just got through using the Spirals for the 1st time and I LIKE IT! Gotta love those with no thread stops and starts in between!

Mary, I agree, we need all of them someday!

Linda, I still have a photo of Adam to send you surrounded by quilters---ahhh all women== gotta figure out this new camera program so I can do so..

You two are awesome with your customer service. Anxious to try out your system. Love what I've seen so far and what I see it far out passes anything on the market. jeri

Archived