navy/gold quilt for student going to Naval Academy

I quilted a larger version of my Toadsong meander on this quilt...and voila...it is done. The HSTs average 5".

My friend made the top for her son...and sent it to me to quilt. I know my friend will love it...she likes everything I do to her quilts. That is the beauty of quilting for someone who has never had anything quilted by anyone other than herself on a dsm or myself and Frogger!

now to bind it...and ship it back! She doesn't do bindings either.

Metro thread top and bobbin...warm and natural batt...mostly batiks on top...regular cotton fabric on back!

post--13461904203685_thumb.jpg

meg...you are so cute! HSTs are half square triangles...and by average...I mean...most measure 5"! Some more/some less. My friend is not the greatest piecer...but she tries hard and wanted to make this for her son! I think it turned out well.

And YES, She absolutely loves it. She called me and screamed when she saw the pictures! :D

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

meg...you are so cute! HSTs are half square triangles...and by average...I mean...most measure 5"! Some more/some less. My friend is not the greatest piecer...but she tries hard and wanted to make this for her son! I think it turned out well.

And YES, She absolutely loves it. She called me and screamed when she saw the pictures! :D

OF COURSE! sheesh - even i shouldve been able to figure that one out. especially since i had noticed the piecing and thought to myself that even though it was not lining up - the quilt still has a great look. what a dopey doo dah i can be! thanks for telling me.

Archived