Introduction

Hello Everyone

I have been reading all of the posts here since Aug.09 and have learned so much from everyone. I bought Milley in Sep. 09 from Patty B. She is so sweet and helpful. Patty came over in Nov. and set everything up for me. I am new to piecing as well as using a long arm so I've had so much to learn. I love every part of it. I think my favorite part is buying fabric. I want to thank everyone for teaching me what I know so far and I look forward to learning more. This forum has so many Kind and helpful people. It is like one big happy family. And sooooo many beautiful quilts. This is one talented group.

Hi Carol!!!! Glad you came out of lurkdom. I have been thinking about you and the beach house. Wondering how things are over there. Visited your blog. It is great!. Love the yellowbird cottage, it looks great. You need to post pictures of the inside. Haven't seen that since the day we set up Millie. You should show your cool ceiling and then of course we want to see the quilts for the grandkids.

Glad to hear you are doing well and really getting into the quilting!! Take care.

Patty

Thanks for the welcome.;) You make me feel at home here.

Patty If you look to the right on my blog I have a link to pictures of the inside of the studio and also a link to pictures of some of the quilts. I wanted all of the quilts for the grand-kids to be basically alike and doing 7 of them got a little boring after awhile. Doing the different embroidery and using different fabric was fun. These were my learning quilts and the little ones love them. They think they are perfect. lol I still have one top to quilt and need to post pictures of 4 of them. I will do that when I go back. I think we only have a few more days of nice beaches here. Brian took the boat out fishing yesterday and he said it is getting closer. (I'm not sure I want to eat the fish)

I would love to try out the new bliss when you get set up.

Carol

I just checked out your blog and Patty is right (but isn't she as usual:)) Your studio is to die for. You must never want to leave. I know if it was mine I sure wouldn't.

Nice to see where you get to spend your time. You have a great resource in your APQS rep, Patty is very knowledgeable:cool: but if you have any other questions the forum members are so very helpful.

Enjoy the learning process it is wonderful.

Lisa:)

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome.

I do feel truly blessed to have such a nice sewing area. I love it. It was built just for Milly. My sewing room was upstairs in a bedroom in my house before I got my long-arm and I had to turn sideways just to walk around in there. lol Being outside of the house is also nice, no distractions. My son-in-law built it for me and the ceiling is something extra he wanted to do for me. I wasn't sure what he was going to do but it turned out really nice. Its wonderful to have a place for everything and still be able to walk around;)

Patty has been so helpful too. ;) A girl couldn't ask for anything more. (well......maybe some more fabric):P:P:P:P

Archived