Try-out tomorrow--bought one!

ffq-lar

I will be trying out the Bliss tomorrow in Oregon.

I will post my opinion--and you know I always have one!!:P

Any one else registered at the Lake Oswego Roadshow? I would love to meet you. Any Oregon Reps? Beth? Bekah?

I have a few side-trips planned. One to A Common Thread--very close to the venue. Another may be a visit to FDepot.

Hey Linda,

Well don't forget the APQS "senior" rep!

I had plans on coming up North to Lake Oswego for the roadshow (in my old stoppin grounds), but with this broken ankle @ only 1 week post opt & I am on bed rest for a while.

But one place that you *MUST* stop & see is the Pine Needle quilt shop in Lake Oswego, if you have'nt been it's truely a destination quilt shop, my friend Geri owns the shop,, it was one of the very 1st Top 10 quilt shops back in the day.

Geri has the shop displayed like no other, it is a shop a quilter could hang all day & still not see it all, be sure to also sign up for her quarterly catalog if you have time.

She also heads up the NW Quilt Expo show, Sherry Rogers-Harrison will be teaching this year as well,,

http://www.nwquiltingexpo.com/

http://www.pineneedlequiltshop.com/Privacy.asp

Have a ton of fun Linda!!

Can't wait to hear the rave reviews!

(p.s. Tillamook creamery around the corner of the shop is heaven for lunch!)

I second Linda's comment about the Tillamook creamery for lunch. Start with the ice cream!

I test drove Bliss on a Millie at Quilts in the Attic in Cottonwood yesterday. The roadshow was incredible; I can't believed how much I learned about the machine I already own. Heck, I was ready to buy another one!!!:D

I'm anxious to compare notes!

I bought one.

I am at the bottom of the list with Mark projecting that they will ship soon and he says I will get mine towards the end of July.

It is phenomenal. Hard to describe. The quilting on ice analogy is close, except you don't feel out of control. Just as easy to stop as to start.

Beth Durand was the local Rep attending along with the ever-gracious and funny Mark and his straight man, Tony--a very accomplished longarmer, I will add. Full of information as usual and carefully explaining the innards of the new system to the attentive group. With the exception of two or three potential new owners, we were all there to see the Bliss. A great time was had by all!

Hey Jim and Bev--what's your take on the new rail system?

Here's my completely non-technical impression of the Bliss system--part of it is the wheels. They are black polytechnospeaksomething ( just made that up--can't remember the actual composition!) and look way different from my old brown wheels as for shape and size. I believe the brilliant part is the track system. It is a tripod--not four wheels on the bottom, but three enclosed-bearing pods. Two towards the front and only one at the back where the SR encoder is. The carriage is narrower and sleeker with the wheel-hugging lip molded in. So there are four wheels (on the carriage) and three "pods"--don't know what else to call them! It is stable, pretty, and I am looking so forward to re-training myself to use this slicker, smoother rail system. I say that because my wheels are set tighter than any other I have tried and I am used to that. I can trace a chalk line or do CCs easily with the old set-up so I am sure I will have a month or two to get used to the Bliss. I'll let you know how it goes.

I do want to say--If it ain't broke, etc. If you are happy with the way your machine handles, no reason to re-invent the wheel. But I have "creeping" stiffening of my fingers and some wrist issues (how could I be this old!!);) and believe this will extend my quilting years a lot.

I will be one of the first people to get my bliss as I made my deposite over a month before it was announced. I cannot wait to get the call next week. I have not tried it but I trust the people who showed it to me. Congratulations Linda.

Nora

I was also at the road show in Lake Oswego to try out the Bliss. I have Edge Riders on my Millie and wanted to see if there was a big difference. I have to say that I really didn't feel a lot of difference in how the Bliss felt to the ER's. However, I really like the look of the new table. But I won't be changing over for just the table. Can't justify $3000, at least not right now, to change the table over.

I also tried Bliss at MQS. I could not see/feel much difference and talked to Amy about it after the show. She said the table was not properly set up and the machine did not run the way it should have. She assured me that the Bliss is much better so I re-placed my order for it. I am always frustrated at the middle of my table and am looking for a BIG difference.

It's hard to quilt when there isn't consistency in how & where the machine moves. If my table always felt as though the left end does I wouldn't considering changing.

I do like the Bliss system AND the "Quilt Glide" on the new machine. Not ready to buy this month but who knows about next month.........

I Enjoyed seeing those who attended and to meet some new people.

Have added Glenda BEARDSLEY and Grace KYSER to the MOXIE mailing list.

Archived