Look who stopped by

Guest Linda S

How cool! We have lots of great blue herons down by the river, but they never come up to my yard. They do scare the begeebers out of me when I come around the corner on the river trails and see them standing there. They do kind of look like a mixture of bird and dinosaur!

I think the sandhill cranes are beautiful. I never see them here on the island but do up in the Okeefenokee swamp. We have lots of egrets that stop by, 2 couples of bluebirds and a redtail hawk that stays here too. Thanks for sharing the picture!!!! Made me smile!

What a neat picture! We get the sandhill cranes and deer walking through our back yard all the time and I live in a small town (correction village). We also have the mill pond across the street and it get pretty loud in the spring & fall with the canadian geese.

AUGH!!! I think these critters would freak me out if I saw them coming around the corner!!! WoW!

We had to deal with our normal critters here last weekend.

A huge snapping turtle (15 or 20 lbs) was stuck in a basement window egress - and in the other corner was a poor little baby bunny just shaking in its fur..... saved them both. My husband was able to throw the snapper out with a pitchfork and caught the bunny with an apple picker. I should have snapped a photo of that before he did!

What a pair they made.... wonder how long they were in there.....

Archived