Nqr prayers desperately needed

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The surgery was today and it was very successful. The fabulous Dr. "Fiesty" Dyste used a new somethin-somethin when he fused Chris' neck and so the hip graph was not necessary. This means no addition surgical site, less chance for infection and no hip pain. That's one hot doctor. . . (not looks just technique)

It was a VERY long day. They took Chris at around 12:00 and we didn't get to see him again until around 8:00 and boy was he CRANKY! He was swearing at his nurse and calling him a "Prick" because he wouldn't let him have any water. . . but eventually when the anesthesia wears off he will be able to drink, eat and get back to himself.

They did his assessments and it seems that some of the feeling sensation is diminished, but the nurse said that is because there is some swelling now because of the surgery and it could take a few days to get back to where we were yesterday.

For all of us waiting it was difficult to say the least. Thank you Rick and Vicky for bringing a hot lunch for everyone to eat.

I'll update again when I can. . .

Again thanks for your prayers and support

Karie, tell Chris that a prick is a stiff hair in a donkey's butt. They have to be pulled out or they get infected because it is like having a splinter in his butt. Perhaps it will make him smile. So glad the surgery went well. Also tell Chris that I have two disc in my back that are fused without a hip bone fix and I have been doing well since around '93. You and he are still in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

I am glad to hear better news now for successful surgery. I have a 15 year old son, and it is every mothers worst nightmare for anything like this to happen. I am glad that he is in a great doctors hands. I hope that he recovers and heals swiftly.

Archived