Template 23-Square Spiral on Quilt of Valor Quilt

CindyT

Just tried one of the newest Quiltazoid templates and I love it! This was one perfectly pieced/square QOV quilt I've ever worked on. Of course, as usual, the wind was blowing and the picture isn't the best, but have I said how much I love my Quiltazoid lately? :D Thanks again Adam and Linda for a great template! You're the best!

One more note, this works great for those half and quarter setting triangles for quilts on the diagonal without having to use rulers!

post--13461904768663_thumb.jpg

i love how this turned out - very nice cindy.

this makes me want one - sheesh - i am a greedy quilter.

here is a ? about this template...

can you make the this template continuous at different sizes? IE - fill and 8 inch block or a 12 inch block continuously?

imw2k

Kay, yes, you NEED that template! :D Beats ruler working all those lines.

Annie, the blocks are on the diagonal and I just centered the template inside each block like I normally would.

Meg, yes, these blocks were 10 inches. I would have done better connecting them had they not been on the diagonal because I would have been able to stop with needle down, move the QZ over and take off again.

Wonderful quilting on a wonderfully pieced quilt. Great Job. Meg I would think you could but you would need to start going around further into the block. lay your centering plastic on a block and see just where you would need to start or stop. Put a little piece of tape that you can see, painters tape, etc .. and mark the start and end then move the stencil until you can use the finishing line with needle down, to get on over to the next block. Do the same and after a couple I think you will get the hang pretty quickly.

try practice first to get the jump to and from a smaller blocks. We did that with the round spiral and then made a paper template for a like to draw from one part to the next.

Good stitching.. Happy stitching.

Archived