NQR - Chris' progress

Just a little update for everyone on my son, Chris', progress. Last week, the day before thanksgiving, Chris lifted his foot!!! It was only about 2-4 inches, but he moved 'em! :P:P

At therapy on Monday the therapist re-evaluated him and he scored a solid "1" (normal is 5). Things are progressing in the right direction, but it will continue to be a long and daunting road ahead.

We are working on setting up a harness and exercise equipment at home too so when he doesn't have therapy at Courage Center we can do therapy at home with him too.

Snow has proven to be very difficult for him to move around in with his wheelchair, but he is managing really well. His wheelchair should be here any day so he will have one that is fit especially for him (that should help).

We are having a benefit for Chris at McPete's Sports Lanes in Big Lake, MN on February 19, 2011. Anyone in the area is more than welcome to come and visit.

Thanks everyone for your support and continued prayers!!!

post--13461905092206_thumb.jpg

Isn't Courage Center a great place!! Wonderful people.

Glad Chris is doing so well. Congratulations to Chris for all his hard work and getting results...even if small.

We are to get our first accumulation of snow tomorrow night in SE Minnesota. I have been to the Twin Cities to the airport twice in the past 10 days and know that from there and north already has snow. My teenage boys are getting excited about getting the snowmobiles out and noticed this morning that the 4-wheelers were loaded on a trailer which I assume means they are going into storage for the winter. I think of Chris when I see my kids jump on the ATVs. I know I shouldn't worry so much and just let the Lord take care of them for me but it is hard as I am an EMT and know/see the results of these accidents.

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season.

Archived