mandatory reporting

Just a small vent. I'm a mandatory reporter (RN) for any abuse or neglect. It's a sick feeling when you know you have to do it for a child.

JUst watched a father man-handle a spastic undernourished 6year, totally vulnerable. The sight haunts me for days.

Have done it before, and have never regretted, several kids are in better places because someone said something.

UGH. Worked the ER many years Child abuse gets worse over the holidays with the family stress and money stress.

Bless you Holly...your job is a tough one and even a tear jerker...but for those little people your an angel. I so wish that there had been someone like you when Siana needed it. I wasn't near her, at the time, and didn't know how bad the undernourishment and the verbal abuse was until I was able to get her six years ago. At 11 she was about the size of a 8 year old....sure has made up for it since, but a much happier person.

Holly bless you. I'm sure it is a difficult call to make but you are doing it for a child that can't do it for themselves. Abuse is not fun and it leaves scars. Hopefully the father can get some counceling and be a better father but in the meantime he doesn't deserve to have that special angel. Sorry you have to be haunted by it all. You are right that the holidays are always worse.

Holly - yes, bless you for doing a very difficult job. You are in a place that most of us can't be. May you have wisdom and the strength to do what you are called to do. I hope that the memories fade so that you don't carry to much of the tragedies of life around with you.

I too have had to make those calls and it is rough but we know it is the right thing to do. There is a little 4 year old boy fighting for his life in a Louisville hospital because his mothers boyfriend beat him so badly. He has 3 seperate concussions and bruises covering his entire little body. It breaks my heart.

God Bless all of you in this type of career, and as parents and just plain adults.. we should be as alert.. and report what we feel is needed... It makes ones heart hurt to hear of much more to see it.. and work with. I admire your doing it, and you must be a strong person...

God Bless,

Archived