King Tut new colors for 2011

I received my newsletter from

www.sewthankful.com

with new King Tut colors. I love the new "off" colors--"almost" sage, "kinda" brown, red "with an attitude"--disclaimer--these are NOT the names of the colors!!

But they are great! I don't buy a lot of KT since I have fallen in love with So Fine and Metro, but these could bring me back into the fold!

Also, on sale for $17.99 for those without a Superior wholesale account.

No affiliation, but I love Sewthankful. Get updates on her sales and coupons by subscribing to the newsletter.

Originally posted by Joyce

So how many did you order?? Where have you been? Thought that you might be setting around eating BonBons. LOL

Funny you should mention BonBons, missy! I just finished the last of a beautiful assortment of hand-made candy I received from a friend in Missouri! Boy, she makes the BEST candy. And the last one was a delicious truffle!

;););)

• 2 months later...
Guest Linda S

I need to save up some coin and get some of these. I've hounded poor Bob for several years for a few more solid colors in King Tut. I love the thread - one of the only cottons I've tried that doesn't make a linty mess of my machine, but I just don't use a lot of variegated thread. I'm so pleased to see this!

Oh --My! You are sooo -bad Linda! Those new colors are scrumptious! I need to order just a few. (yeah, right)---I seldom order a few of anything! :)

I also like SewThankfuls prices and usually get my Superior from them when they are having a sale.

Bob Purcell is doing his Thread Therapy presentation this Friday at our local embroidery bash event.

I wonder if he brings threads along to sell? Anyone been to his presentation or know if he has his products available for sale?

• 4 weeks later...

Bob Purcell was in our guild a few months ago, If I remember it correctly, he told the girls that he doesn't usually sell threads when he does thread therapy, I don't know if there are some changes so you might want to email and ask him.

Corey

Bob never made it to the Embroidery Bash, (airport/airline problems)--- and yes Corey---he evidently prefers not to bring threads to sell we were told.

That's kinda disappointing as I dislike hearing lectures where the speaker talks about something they like in particular, and they are the manufacturer besides---but, they don't have it to sell after the lecture is over. We have speakers like that at guild sometimes and they didn't bring their books, their special rulers or scissors or whatever---you sort of sit there drooling, check book in hand---and all you get is a website address or supplier list when it's all over. :( More disappointing if you live in an area where there are not many sources for some of the supplies shown.

I use King Tut with So-Fine. I use So-Fine in the bobbin with just about everything now. I order King Tut from Sew-Thankful when it's on sale.

Guest Linda S

Angie - I'm not sure if Bob still does this, but when he came to Oregon to speak at Mary's River Quilt Guild, he brought samples! I like that even better than selling - free is always nice!

Archived