Stella's Baby quilt! diaper bag now added!

Stella is due on Feb. 4th, and I tried to get this done for the shower which was last Sunday... I DID just take it off the frame! There will be several pics for ya!

I'm not a paper piecer, nor am I "scrappy"... This was not my favorite quilt or fav colours... Pink and Brown? My DD wanted polkadots and stripes. So, we have Polkadots, stripes, polkadots with stripes, polkadots with polkadots, etc.

I'm making a matching diaper bag as she is quite the "baganista"! I couldn't get really good close ups to show much of the stitching - probably best as I had some trouble with the diagonal stitching.

As I came to the very last row, there was a huge "sag" in the fabric! It had been completely straight through all the other rows!

Enjoy!

post--13461905315887_thumb.jpg

OOOHHHH! I'm soooo glad you all like it!!! When I got done piecing the center all I could think of was:

STOP THE MADNESS!!! Goodness it's so busy! So I added the 1st brown border, then the pink (to bring out the pink in the quilt, LOL), then the final focus fabric border... Now that it's off the frame I really like it!

I put it on FB so that Jeana (my daughter) could see it! She LOVES it! YAY! She doesn't know I'm in the middle of making a diaper bag too and of course a baby blanket from the flannel backing... Opps! I better post a picture of that too!!! Later, when I take the pics... promise!

Bobbi,

I'll bet you were about buggy with all those dots! So very cute! I am an old(52) Grandma and I think those colors are adorable. I have a request for a green and brown baby quilt. Now that one doesn't excite me. The colors are bold, not soft and cuddly. I just love your quilt, but your eyes must be crossed by now! Keep up the great work!!

Sheryl

What a very pretty quilt. The piecing is more than I would attempt, as I'm just not a good paper piecer. Your quilting looks wonderful.

These colors and prints are not my style, either, but my daughter loves them. I do think it is a 30's thing, and I don;t mean the 1930s, I mean our 30 year old kids thing.

Archived