a 'DUH' tip

i use a chaco-liner to mark quilts cause it removes to my satisfaction....but i just had a lightbulb moment-

i emptied out the chalk that comes in my chaco-liner and replaced it with magic pounce's miracle chalk...it removes my way (a swipe or two with a red velvet lint remover) PLUS it removes with water and/or steam...

SWEET!!

(sometimes i feel smart...today's one of those days :P )

i'm not a fan of using water erasable pens if i can get around it. the whole "sprtiz-a-customer-quilt-with-water" scares me....what if a fabric bleeds :o

so when i use water soluble pen (the blue one) and i go to remove the marks- i use a Aquadoodle pen filled with distilled water. i found mine in the toy section in wally world...

i can control where the water goes...it's basically an empty felt tipped marker. i squeeze the end to prime the water through the tip...trace along my line, and WHA-LA, blue line gone without soaking the fabric...

post--13461905527865_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

I did that several months ago. I'd always loved the line when piecing blocks with the chacoliner and thought - I wish they made these with Miracle Chalk -- DOH!! Light dawned. Got out the pliers and voila!

DUHlicious tip Shannon! I'm so done with the blue water soluble marker. Water on a customer quilt makes me have to double up on the Xanax, plus the markers don't seem to last long enough for me to feel they've earned their keep. I've been using school chalk which removes easily but very difficult to keep sharp for a thin line. This tip solves all my problems! Thank you!

Carrie

Archived