Meander Template - I actually didn't want it

Georgene

OK, when the Circle Lord Meander template first came out, I thought this was one I didn’t need to order. Finally one I didn't want. I could save my money for another one, because I can do meander on my own.

But, Nannie, my quilting partner, decided she really wanted this template and said she’d pay half the cost. So, now that I’ve had the template for several months, it has become one of my favorites, and it’s been requested by several of my customers.

It is a NO BRAINER to use. It goes extremely fast, all stitching is done in one pass, no corners to slow down for, just really fast and so precise. It’s perfect for those busy quilt tops and would be great for T-shirt quilts.

So, although I didn’t initially want this template, I’m so glad my quilting partner did, because I’m enjoying the heck out of it. I’m so happy when I can use it because I know the top will be done soon and I’ll get paid more per hour than many of the other designs I could use.

One customer commented that she "loved the little circles."

post--13461905697027_thumb.jpg

Marilyn, you might tell your husband how quick this template is to do, less time, same pay = more $ per hour. More time to cook? Just kidding.

Meanders are also appropriate for traditional quilts. I used it on two scrappy quilts I made for Christmas gifts. I needed something fast, and this template was the answer.

Lately, I seem to be getting quilts made of very busy fabrics, so it's perfect for them too.

post--13461905699458_thumb.jpg

Sandra, I know exactly what you mean. I have the water template too, and I also like this one better. I wouldn't have bought this one had my friend not wanted it so badly.

But I'm really, really glad I have it. It has become my "go to" template for those tops that I ponder over and don't know exactly what to do.

One customer sends me quilts in the mail and said she thought something simple would be best. When she saw the black and white quilt (pictured above) she said I was reading her mind. That's exactly what she wanted. If only she knew how easy it was.

I can see how useful it would be. I can do a decent meander, very similar, but certainly not as perfect as the CL boards would make it. Maybe....some day.

Just now I am saving to buy lights for over my machine. I sew a lot in the evening and only have a ceiling light behind me and a floor lamp near my desk on the other side of the room, and of course, the bulb on the machine. My eyes are not as sharp as they once were, so I am needing more and more light to see what I'm doing. If I need to frog an area, I have to move my Ott light from my Bernina cabinet over to the table on my LA and bend the long neck across to see what I am doing. It's a double PITA. So, lights are next, then I can save for more toys.

Yes, Sandra, lighting is very important.

My machine is in a former bedroom so I had the ceiling light changed to a track light -- 6 (or 8?) bulbs lengthwise that go over my machine. They are very nice.

The only thing is they add a lot of extra heat to the room even though I have those newer curly looking bulbs. But I do get the light I need.

I'm trying to save my money for Bliss and Glide. Everything in life is about choices and priorities. The other thing I want is the Horn Deluxe Quilter's Dream sewing cabinet.....one day.

Bonnie,

If you'll look at the 4th picture from the top, you'll see my cutting board at the edges of the quilt. The cutting board has a 1" grid on it.

It appears that most stitching is about 1" to 1.5" apart.

I think the squares in that white and pastel quilt are 2" finished, maybe less. I think they were made from a charm pack.

Archived