Note to Self

I used to decrease the stitches for basting, then return to normal. Worked okay, except on pantos. I'd go to the back of the machine, start quilting, wonder why it sounded so funny only to have it dawn on my halfway through the row why! Now everything is done at 10/11 spi....even I can't screw that up!!:P:D:P

Guest Linda S

BTDT. Maybe if I bought the T-shirt, I'd remember more often!! Dory - I do most things at 10-11 also, but when you shut off the machine, you're back to big stitches again. Gettin' old ain't fer sissies!

Thanks, everyone, I feel better now. The good news is that I actually got some quilting time in. I had promised to quilt this quilt prior to knowing we were moving so I have to get it done. I just received the top Tuesday. It is for a good cause. I will post pictures after it is given to the recipient.

We will be moving into our new house three weeks from today. Can't wait to get my new studio all set up so I can make more stupid quilting mistakes! A bad day quilting is better than a good day packing (or painting)! LOL

Originally posted by lisae

A bad day quilting is better than a good day packing (or painting)! LOL

Oh Yeah baby!!! You can say that again.....

Good Luck with the move, hope all goes well, that nothing breaks or gets lost!:D

Be sure to show us your new space~~

after you get all set-up and have everything in its place!

I got a new head for JJ last year. The new models have the speed gauge on the front and the back of the machines. I think that was a great new feature. However, that doesn't mean I won't remember to turn the speed, it just means there are more places for me not to look.

Pamela

I have IQ and change the stitches frequently but like others I forget to re-set after basting. The IQ takes off very fast when set at 7 LOL. I now have a very large sign on my wall and another on "Gator" which says "set stitch/speed". Guess what? I still forget.:mad::mad::mad:

Archived