NQR - surgey went well

Hi ladies! Have been thinking about you all lately just haven't had the energy to chat/browse the forums.

So far, so good....my surgery went well (had a fistula repaired on march 2) Now for the long recovery. No lifting anything over 10 lbs. for 6 weeks!! Which is a huge problem since my DD is almost 15 already! It's been a very trying few weeks! She's been staying with family since the surgery and it's killing me! I get to see her almost every day but it's so hard having to rely on others for constant care of her (and me sometimes!)

I'm hoping to have this stupid catherder removed Thurs. At least i'll be a little more comfortable caring for my other children. This lovely (note the sarcasim!!) Illinois weather isn't helping the mood either...it's been soooo dreary lately! The blues are setting in! :(

If you could continue to pray for my family and I, i'd really appreciate it....

Sorry to be such a downer lol! Hoping to be singing a different tune in a few days/weeks! :)

It is good to hear your report. I usually figure the it is a sign of good health when you are able to recognize what the frustrations are and speak of them. Thanks for coming here so we could give you fresh support. You will make it through this. And I sure hope spring is coming for each of us---soon. Do you get to sit and hug those kids, including the baby? That almost sounds like heaven, to sit and hug the kids while other take care of the chores and duties.

Here's hoping and praying for a quick recovery.

I know how hard it is to not pick up that little one! I had surgery when my youngest was about 9 mos. He couldn't understand why I wouldn't pick him up and there wasn't always someone around to put him in the chair with me. By the way he's 22 yrs. old now, so the memories last a lifetime:)

Keep us posted.

Guest Linda S

I'm glad the surgery went well. Do pay attention to doctor's orders and don't do too much when you're feeling better. I know that's easy to do. Take care. Spring is coming! Life will be really good again. God bless.

Michelle, it's good to hear from you. Glad the surgery went well. Patience is probably one of the hardest things to practice, but hopefully you'll be as good as new in no time. It's hard to have others caring for your little ones but at least you can see them so try to keep your spirits up. Spring is just around the corner! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

3 weeks post op and things still going great!! And at my 2 week appt. the doctor said I could lift my baby again which meant bringing her home!! yay!! I'm still sore at times and haven't done much quilting but I feel like i can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

I'm still leary of doing too much. I had my mom help me put a full size quilt in a few days ago....I just don't think I could've done it myself...too much pulling, twisted, back and forth...yada yada...You don't realize how heavy/akward a full (or bigger!) backing is until you can't/shouldn't do it!

So now I just wait and recovery fully!! I'm telling ya' it's aweful nice to have all the "pipes" work when they're supposed to!! lol!! sorry TMI!! Now to get the kiddos over nasty coughs and allergies.....tell me again when summer is gonna be here?! Yesterday it was 70 deg. and today only 35!!! Love Illinois weather!!

Guest Linda S

Michelle - I understand completely. I had a hysterectomy several years ago and had to come home from the hospital with a super-pubic catheter. Nothing like having tubing sticking out of your abdomen! Life was a bit strange until I finally got that removed. And, recovering from a big abdominal incision is nothing to sneeze at -- Literally! Best wishes for a full recovery.

Archived