sewing to pass the days away

Well, it looks like it will be 3-4 weeks before Randy and I can get out to Mary Beth's to pick up my Milli. So, to help pass the days I have lined up 3 projects. lol Just when I thought there was an end to the top pile here I go adding to the list. LOL I am going to try and keep myself very busy so the days pass quickly. The husband has already started taking down the wall that will give me 10 more feet in the sewing room.

So, when it is all said and done my NEW sewing room will be 16 feet wide by 20 feet long. It will have a fresh coat of paint and a new floor. I will post photos as we go.

I am looking forward to receiving my new Millennium and also interested in the 'gadgets' that might be useful tools. I have heard a lot about the Harley Fence, the Circle Lord and one other similar gadget but can't remember the name. Would anyone have input on the pro's and con's?

NanaJo,

Welcome and I hope your wait for your new machine goes quickly. I'm sure the other tool that you can't remember the name of is the Quiltazoid, found at quiltazoid.com. There is also one called The Topper. If you do a search on this site you will find a ton of info on these products.

Personally I'd probably wait until I got the machine and get to know it a little and figure out what kind/style of quilting you will do the most. If you've already done a lot of machine quilting then you might already be there. I love my quiltazoid and use it a lot. I knew I would do a lot of SID and "traditional" type quilting so I had to have an expanded base and a few basic rulers. I love Deloa Jone's (deloasquiltshop.com) rulers. I use the Little one all the time, castle is great and the boomerangs. I use the 10" & 12" the most.

Archived