HMQS- SO excited/UPDATE

Why do they do this? got a call at 8pm last night that the quilt I pieced and Karen McTavish quilted has won an award at HMQS. They asked if I would come to the award ceremony...which is wonderful. They won't tell you what you won, even if you can't attend! Think what the flight would cost to SLC from Mpls with one day notice!!

The quilt is "Voles in the Garden." This is what happens when you let your husband name a quilt! The background is green with multiple feathered purple stars. He thought it looked like when the voles erupt in the green grass in the front yard!

If anyone is there, would love to see a picture!

Can I possibly wait until later tonight? Karen will call me, but I still can hardly wait. I hope her quilting wins a great award.

Karen kept texting me throughout the banquet....we'll hope for a judge's choice was one comment. Voles in the Garden took Honorable Mention. Bless her heart, she had her cell phone camera on the whole way up the steps to get the award, so I could see the whole thing... even heard the people talking to her. What a doll.

Then a bit later I get another text ( we are up to about a dozen by now) my second quilt, Mexican Stars in Istanbul, which I pieced and quilted in the novelty custom category TOOK SECOND PLACE!!!

The HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived