"Sakura" and the Jelly Roll

Sparkle

We recently did the "Jelly Roll Race" at our quilt retreat. With the addition of a 2" and 4.5" inch sashing and border, a Jelly Roll quilt measures approx. 64" x 68". A fairly large quilt. They are fast & fun to make. I used the new Superior "Omni" thread color, "Magic Magenta" and the Circle Lord template board, "Sakura" for the first time. I luv how the design on this quilt turned out.

post--13461906249603_thumb.jpg

Sandra, Heidi, Lee Ann & Sylvia----Thank you! This was my first time using the Sakura template boards, and it was fun to see how it stitched out. :) And with the Jelly Roll method of piecing, you never know for sure how the quilt top is going to look. It was fun!

Originally posted by peglu

I love it! I want that board sooo bad. I only quilt for myself though and just can't justify the $$$. But I really, really want it :mad:.

Peggy

Hey Peggy, I quilt for myself and I have this board!!! Remember you are SO worth it!!! (At least that is the reason, I give myself, everytime I buy another CL toy ;)) I don't go out to bars, I don't buy expensive clothes or jewelry - quilting paraphanalia - my only vice!

Hi Barbara,

Thank you!

All the time I planned to do the Jelly Roll race, I had the Sakura in mind! I've had this template board for awhile, and had not used it. I knew this would be so neat on the long 2-1/2 strips.

Regarding the batting: It's Hobbs 80/20.

Archived