QofV quilts

I'm going to get into doing the Quilts of Valor as soon as my new studio is up and running. San Antonio is a military town, we are only about 3 or 4 miles from Randolph Air Force Base, they train fighter pilots. There is a huge hospital here too that treats a lot of returning service men (Brooks Arm Medical Center). Every other person you see here is wearing a uniform. And Fort Sam Houston is here too, all of these facilities are being enlarged, we are expecting over 10,000 new families in the area over the next few years. The need is great, I will be happy to serve.

Thank you Rita, I'm sure our service men thank you too!

Thanks Bunches, Ladies..

Vickie, They evidently printed the prayer on the striped fabric, then added the stars, or added them first, then using a very light Heat and Bond, ironed it to the quilt, then used a fancy stitch to hold the edges.. The edges were turned under, too.

It was so pretty, and I thought I had a photo of the whole prayer, and now find out I didn't. Quilts are in the mail, so too late.

These quilts are so loved!! Keep it up and do not forget the VA hospitals - and the veterans homes. The previous wars have left some long term or delayed diseases - like cancers from agent orange.

Like Connie - we have chosen a specific location to send the quilts where they are really needed and loved.

Thanks to all the vets!!

I always thank every GI I meet, Walmart can keep me busy with them and I love it. I thank the fallen for our freedom, and mourn the lives lost for our freedom. Prayers for all of them are natural.

just pray for world peace.. for all nations.

Thank you, all. I love quilting the QoV. I have to skip June as Penny Lenni is sick and needs to go to the hospital.

Does anyone know?? Do we pay the postage or shipping, both ways. Seems like we should, but we don't recall it ever being mentioned.

I'm going to have a pile of quilts, several of which will be QoV quilts that I pieced, to be quilted, so looking forward to helping in a double way.

Am happy to say shipping Lenni and insurance was just less than $80 one way. We both expected it to be considerably more than that. I'm a much happier camper to be on my way to the Symposium for 4 days and the quilt show at the same place.

There's fun to be had.

Hi Rita

Do you work with any QOV groups in NC? Your profile only says NC, but not a city. I was the QOV Regional Coordinator for NC and now just take care of TN. NC has some wonderful groups that do wonderful quilts....your quilts would fit in beautifully.....they are lovely.

Susan Gordon is the RC now for NC....you can find here on the website www.qovf.org She organizes some great QOV retreats She would love to hear from you....especially if you send her you pics of your quilts.

I remained the TN QOV Reg Coord.....keep up the good work.

Thank you fro what you do

Archived