Red-E-Edge & Red Snappers

OMG. I am in LOVE with Renae Haddadin's Red-E-Edge clamps and the Red Snappers.

OMG they are so easy and fast! I dont know how or why I kept using both of the hard to pinch clamps. I now just have one clamp on each end that's already holding the Red-E-Edge's on both sides, so all i have to do is adjust the length of the strap for each quilt.

If you don't have them, I just cant say enough about them.

I have a millennium, and I bought just the 12", as I wanted to be able to adjust my quilt back and forth sometimes at small increments, so using that larger Red-E-Edges wouldn't allow me to do that. So glad I did!!!

A suggestion, try out the red-snappers if you can before you buy especially if you have any problems with your hands. My hands don't work quite right-- kinda equate to arthritis issues. I tried the snappers at MQS and my hands could not work them.

I have the Red Snappers and they work great if you have plenty of backing length. If not, then they get in the way. MOST of the time I have plenty, but sometime not and then I use pins instead. I cannot snap them together using the roller as a holder. I have better luck and don't have to wrestle so much if I lay them out on my table and push them down there. Then I just carry them over and zip them on.

I watched the video on the Red E Side things, but not sure about those. They look a little awkward to get off and on. I have the wider clamps that are red and about 6" wide (Easy Grip ?). I use 2 on each side. Much, much easier than the clamps that came with Millie.

Just some FYI....

The more you use the red snappers, the easier they are to take on and off. Only took about 3 times for mine to soften up.

Renea says this on her video about them too, so dont get discouraged!

The Red-E-Edge clamps are awsome. What you dont see, is when you've attached your regular clamp to the rope ends all you have to do is depress the lightweight plastic lid with your thumb and they open up all the way. It really is a breeze!

Kinda like, when you get a new pair of jeans and their kinda stiff..then after you wash them, they are softer...same thing applies here to these plastic items.

I bought both the red edge and the red snappers. LOve the red snappers, but I guess I am just a dim wit when it comes to the red edge clamps. I can not get them to open up at all. I know Renae says it can be hard the first time, but really mine will not open but about an inch, and I can not get them on the backing.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I have watched the youtube thing several times but can't figure it out. Very frustrated.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the Red E Edge at a recent show. Yes, at first they're quite stiff, but I've found that after one quilt they are a lot more flexible. I bought the smaller set for my machine, and I also have a bit of leeway for rolling forward slightly before I have to completely roll forward and re-attach.

Originally posted by quilted charm

I am reposting this so I can thank you Sheri!! I finally got it, and by the way I am a dim wit:P:P

I can't believe how easy it was when I finally got it!

NO you are NOT a dimwit! Silly girl!

I had to look several times to see which way was "up"...once I figured it out...I saw that "flipping it back with your thumb" keeps it open while attaching it to the backing.

So there! It took me a while as well.

And yes, they soften up after each quilt, it does get alot easier, but still holds its strength!!!!

Awsome product Renae!!!

Originally posted by Stitches

My Red E Edges just arrived. My "silly" question, the fabric goes into the section with the cord, correct? If this is so, I may need the jaws of life to get the job done! lol

Donna

Sounds like your problem is similar to mine. It's hard to explain, but if you pull back on the ledge as in the photos Sherri posted, and align it to your fabric, then you flip the edge over. It bends over and under and it clamps the fabric. Not nearly as hard to use as you would think after watching Renae's video. Just hard to see what part holds the fabric.

Archived