OMNI Thread from Superior ?

Must be a nice thread and popular, too. I just placed an order at Sew Thankful for white, cream and black and got an e-mail they are on backorder from Superior until next week. I was in no hurry anyway..........just wanted to give them a try. Imagine those basic colors are the most popular, too.

When I talked to the guy at the Superior booth at MQX he said that it runs like Sew Fine but might be a tad more linty....but not as linty as King Tut.

I didn't buy any at the time because all they had were those HUGE spools!

Anxious to hear how everyone likes it.

KathyD

Hi Linda,

I had to wait on one of two colors I ordered of the Omni at SewThankful. They must have not had back stock, and since their prices are so good---and this is a fairly new thread, I imagine they were overwhelmed with orders. I plan to buy more Omni as my supply of other threads dwindles. I primarily use LAVA, So-Fine and some King Tut. The last King Tut I ordered was very "linty" as compared to past cones. I don't know if they have changed something----? or what.

I also have two cones of Connecting Threads "Pro Essential" 60 wt. thread, and use it when I want a fine looking thread (at a better price then So-Fine), and I also like it. Very pretty pastel colors.

I like the Connecting thread (regular) for piecing. It lasts a long time and using a neutral color, it works well for most every fabric. Haven't tried the Pro Essential.

Two friends own HQ16s and get along just fine with the King Tut. I did too, when I owned my HQ. King Tut was all I used ! Millie just doesn't care for it. I have about 6 cones, so will offer them a "deal". :) My quilt group will be here at my house in August, so they can look at it then.

Originally posted by kathyd

When I talked to the guy at the Superior booth at MQX he said that it runs like Sew Fine but might be a tad more linty....but not as linty as King Tut.

I didn't buy any at the time because all they had were those HUGE spools!

Anxious to hear how everyone likes it.

KathyD

Kathy..........go to the Superior site and you can get "try me" cones of only about 1,000 yards and I think for $3. Good way to try and see how you like it. I've used their "try me" specials for other threads. You don't get a choice of color.

I have just started using the Omini thread and really like them too. They have a really nice selection of colors too. I purchased my threds from Sewthankful as well, since her pricing was quite a bit less than the Superior site. I did have to wait for a couple of colors, so if you are needing something right away...you might not get it as I don't think they keep alot of stock on hand. Usually it is not a long wait if you don't mind waiting.

Originally posted by quilterbee1

The price of Omni is going up to $15 a cone so you better get it now. I ordered several cones to hold me onver, Amie

??? The price of Omni on Superior's site is $15.40, same as the regular price on Sew Thankful. Her sale price is $7.70. do you mean HER price is going up to $15.00 ? I am confused.

Well, I just got an e-mail that the Omni Thread I ordered from Sew Thankful won't be available until after July 20th. I cancelled the order. I see the prices have gone up to $11.95 on SewThankful site............$15.40 regular price. DRATS! I was planning to try it out on a couple tops I have in the works...........guess I will have to wait for another time. :(

After reading this thread I ordered some Omni and received half and the other half is on back order for delivery in 7 to 10 days. I want to try the Pro Essential but have been putting it off because I'm just not sure of the quality. I like to have some feedback from those who have tried things. That's what I like about this forum, good info and recommendations. I'm kind of put out with Metro threads right now. I ordered the sampler set of 50 and on a number of cones the thread was spliced(tied) in several places; and I've only tried maybe 5. I like King Tut and have never had trouble with it which is why I ordered Omni when I first heard about it here because the price is definitely good right now. Thanks Linda for asking.

Originally posted by JBQuilts

After reading this thread I ordered some Omni and received half and the other half is on back order for delivery in 7 to 10 days. I want to try the Pro Essential but have been putting it off because I'm just not sure of the quality. I like to have some feedback from those who have tried things. That's what I like about this forum, good info and recommendations. I'm kind of put out with Metro threads right now. I ordered the sampler set of 50 and on a number of cones the thread was spliced(tied) in several places; and I've only tried maybe 5. I like King Tut and have never had trouble with it which is why I ordered Omni when I first heard about it here because the price is definitely good right now. Thanks Linda for asking.

I ordered the black, cream and ???.....neutral colors. I was told when I ordered that it was backordered and would be available to ship by today. Then today I get the e-mail that it won't be available until after 7/20. Maybe the colors are easier to get where the neutrals are used more and sell out faster.

I'm kind of put out with Metro threads right now. I ordered the sampler set of 50 and on a number of cones the thread was spliced(tied) in several places; and I've only tried maybe 5.

wow I use Metro a lot and I can't remember ever having a cone that was spliced, maybe once. Sorry to hear you had that problem.

I ordered and received four cones of Omni from Sew Thankful. I noticed that the netural colours were back ordered. When I checked the Superior site a few days ago it said that they were out of stock. It sounds as though Superior wasn't able to resupply them as the demand has been so great. I haven't tried the thread yet. I had hoped to give it a try and order some more while it was on sale if I like it. I guess that I missed out!

Sue

I'm kind of put out with Metro threads right now. I ordered the sampler set of 50 and on a number of cones the thread was spliced(tied) in several places; and I've only tried maybe 5.

I think I would write to them or send it back WITH the cones that were spliced. Maybe they had a bad run or something? I haven't used Metro too much, but I see others who use it all the time and really like it.

Archived