Look, but promise not to laugh

I agree who would laugh....you actually mean that you did the fan with a coffee can lid.....wow, I'm impressed that you didn't cut yourself, I would have.

I think you did an amazing job....the fans are one of my next things also to master.

I loved the top...is that yours or a customers...its very pretty.

Bonnie,

I used chalk to mark the fans (which looked like crap) then I used the coffee can lid as a guide to put the foot up against while I was stitching. I wish I could have done a better job. I had hoped it would turn out well enough to enter in the Paducah competition, but there is no way.

This one is mine. I have been working on it for a year and a half. It is 64 x 86. I don't even have a bed it will fit. I think I wil hang it on my sewing room wall. I just love the rainbow log cabin and the flying geese. This was my first attempt at paper piecing. Thanks for all your nice compliments.

Today I get to start quilting that monster size customer quilt. I have been putting it off, but he called and asked me if I could have it done by next weekend. It is all marked, I've just been procrastinating about doing it for fear of messing it up.

Teresa,

You did a real nice job on the quilting. You must have a lot of patience to mark all those fans and then to do the quilting.

If you want to do baptist fans quicker until you get your Hartley, there is a baptist fan panto. I have used it several times and it turns out nice.

Char

The flying geese were easy. I just kept it continuous as long as I could : down the left side of the rectangle, across the long bottom long, up the right side of the goose, down the left side of the goose, then down the left side of the next rectangle. I used a ruler and went straight down the right hand side in one big line, as far as I could go.

The coffee can lid worked pretty much like any ruler would, just position it where you want to stitch and use it to guide the foot. You have to move it just a little bit with every line, that's why I marked it first with chalk.

thanks for all the compliments. I'm thinking about adding a big ruffle around it and putting it on our queen size bed. It just covers the top of the mattress.

Teresa - Nice job! You did really well with the ruler work too! I like the back

too, you need to do what you have to do! Of 'corse you wouldn't want any

blue pokies on the front of the quilt! You did the right thing and I just LOVE

the colors of that quilt - Rainbows - in bright colors - always work for me!

Paper piecing is great fun isn't it? I was just at a quilt show last Sat. and a

vendor there had small mini quilt-like paper pieced Quilt label patterns. I

think they might have been 4 x 6 inches, looked like a regular quilt, with

tiny little flying geese all around the edge - super cool! Think I will have to

give that a try!

Archived