NQR - Today's funny.....

My youngest daughter's long time boyfriend is just finishing up his 2nd Master's degree in Maths and Medical Statistics in the UK and so I thought of him immediately when I heard this...

Gail - I know, only simple math is all we need to quilt and I have always strongly believed that letters and numbers should not be mixed! And simple math is my motto!

My other favorite joke I like to tell him is that " There are 3 kinds of math people in this world, those who are good at it and those who aren't!" :P

Originally posted by meg

:P:D:P:D:P:D

and for the record, me and calculus don't mix with or without alcohol!!!

Oh Meg I couldn't have said it better. I always say if I had known what I would be when I grew up I would have paid a bit more attention In Geometry. Calculus was only offered to those who were expected to go to college....they just figured that this cowgirl would just marry a cowboy and make more cow-children and never be anything more. Well they got it half right. Married the cowboy.

Whoo hoo, you all are funny! I have told my quilting students that math was a 4 letter word & depending on the day, I would choose which 4 letter word to use! I have been thinking for years that I need to make a quilt for my high school Geometry teacher entitled "Now I know why I needed geometry". This would be the answer to my own question that I put to her of why did I need it. She said I needed it for Trig but this is WAY better! I would say that I'm not math oriented but I'm also very practical. All I would have needed to enjoy geometry was the practical application!

Archived