IA State Fair - Fried Butter on a Stick

Okay, so I did it - tried the fried butter on a stick. It actually did taste like French toast. But . . . after one bite, the melted butter just ran into the paper plate. Yuck! So, BTDT - certainly won't try that again - there are too many good foods to try.

spent the afternoon helping make quilts - the DM Area Guild sets up and invites people to come in and sew quilts which are then given to childrens charities. So far we have 134 quilts made. (253 last year). Had all 18 machines going this afternoon, along with four tables of us pin-basting and several cutting and ironing

Guest Linda S

Congrats on the quilts - sounds like a wonderful project. I don't think I ever need to try fried butter on a stick. The things Americans will do to clog their arteries! ;)

I can't imagine how many calories are in that little stick of "butt-tar",, might as well

rub it on my butt-tar area, because that is right where it would go,,

like we women need any help enhancing that body part?! :(

Blech! that doesn't even sound good! :P

When I was growing up, we didn't eat fair food, we ate before we left...probably much cheaper that way!

Once in a while, I'd get to go to the fair with my cousins, and we'd stop for tacos after the fair. It was a place that made ground beef tacos with a deep fried, soft corn shell, and they were really good...even if the grease did run down your hand as you were eating it! lol!

It was a quarter pound of butter dipped in a cinnamon like flavored pancake batter. I shared mine with 5 people we each took about one bite. It mostly tasted like you had gone a bit overboard on the butter on your cinnamon roll.

Most of our butter was soaked into the batter only a small chunk was left solid.

Cost $4.00. Won't have it again, but then they were celebrating 100 years of the butter cow so maybe that was

the big draw!

Archived