Moxie's Meet in Dundee in December--PIX

OK We're on...I'm setting December 10 for a Moxie meeting at my home. If you can come, please email me or U2U for directions. I'll have coffee, tea, cocoa, and water, and a main dish. You guys bring your favorites. How about between 9-5...drop in when you can. Between now and then I'll think of something for a project for the day, a take-home something, or if anyone has ideas, send them my way. This sounds like fun...I'm flexible about numbers so if you want to wait until the last minute to respond, it's ok with me.

Get your UFO's out of the closet, your PPP pieces, your brand new finished class project, your prize winning ribbon bedecked gorgeous heirlooms on board, new tools or gadgets, grandma brag books, and the most scrumptious sugar and fat laden desserts as well as the best soup stew sandwich you can put together, and let's have a party day! Quilters have the most fun! because WE CAN!

Hope to see a bunch of you then...

Boni, I plan on coming. I only have one more show this fall and then 2 months off!!! YEA :D:D:D I'll be all rested up and maybe even get something done for show and tell!

Can you send me directions again? I think I remember, but - well you know me well enough to know that my rememberer doesn't always work right. Thanks

Bev, Patty Jo, Linda...great that you are close enough....sorry Dory and Debbie...but you can still come if you can work it out!!! Dory, I'd have to Google Quincy to see how close you are. A lot of my neighbors have horses...we have nuts!:P

We didn't have a big frost this morning, but it was pretty on the deck while it lasted. Nippy a bit and the sun is supposed to shine this afternoon. I love it!

• 1 month later...
Guest Linda S

Uh-oh. I had forgotten that we had this planned. The bunch of us that won the lottery on our quilt retreat are having a party that day. Argh!!! Decisions, decisions . . . .

Hi everyone. I've been out of town for two weeks...visiting folks for Thanksgiving. I'm still planning on a Moxie gathering at my home this Saturday, the 10th. I'm putting on a pot of Pasta e fagioli, with homemade bread sticks...I'll U2U details if you let me know you're coming.

I have a couple of "Make it and Take it" to do, and I'm hoping you'll bring the rest...Show and Tell, How do I quilt this?, etc.

How about 9-3 or 10-4, or whenever you can get here, and leave when you want to. If you can find your way to Newberg or McMinnville, I'm in the middle, in Dundee just off 99W. Melora, I sent you a U2U.

I'll be checking the forum until Saturday. Whoo Hoo!

Oh well darn, I didn't know about this in time and I still have 4 customer quilts to get finished by the 18 and am working trying to get the office closed down and all end of year and end of firm stuff finished before the big layoff on the 30th so I will miss this one too. But next year I will hopefully make them all. Have lots of fun and be sure to post pictures.

Bekah, Linda, and all...I realize that things are getting busy...and there are many parties and conflicts. Feel free to make your plans accordingly. I will be here for you who can come and if you can't make it, there will be more Moxie happenings in the future I'm sure.

Drop in if you can, don't feel obligated to stay all day. Have a cup of coffee, chat, sew a little...making merry with the Moxies!

I sure wish I could come, Boni - even had it penciled in on my calendar. But with five customer quilts that have to be finished by the 19th (including binding on two of them!), guess I better not take the time for that drive.....

Hope you ladies have a GREAT time! And let us all know when the next Moxie Meeting will be....

I know how you feel Lynda, Linda, and Barb...sometimes it works, and other times it doesn't. I'm working on that "Old Fashioned" quilt and I have five more to do before I declare my holiday. These folks know that I may not have time to finish for Christmas, and a picture will have to do.

Hope to see you next time...:)

Bringing to the top again...still planning...I sure hope this freezing fog goes away by Saturday. I don't want anyone to have to drive out here under these conditions. 99W is heavily traveled and we're on a gravel road half a mile just off the road so surface conditions should be fine. It's just the slippery freezing fog that makes havoc.

Here's what I'm working on today...

post--13461907714907_thumb.jpg

Archived