Need help with this one (Photo's)

My son dared me to join the, "JoAnn Fabric's" quilt challenge and I couldn't pass on a dare. So, here it is, an originally designed quilt that measures 82 x 90 and all the fabric, thread, batting, backing and buttons were bought at JoAnn's.

I could use some suggestions for the quilting. Thank you

"Challenge

Looks like a lot of fun to plan. Give it time to speak to you. There's a little bit of everything in there...applique swags? Courthouse stairs? The triangles with Jacob's Ladder? and lots more I can't decipher. Are you going to do intricate custom? Feathers and crosshatching? or pebbles, meanders, and such?

hmm you all must have differant fabrics at your JoAnn's then we have here. The fabric out our store is really not of good quality...and the cottons are frequently way stiff and scratchy!

Love the quilt..I looked at the challenge but could not bring myself to buy the fabric at my local store.

Hi Penny, I've been wondering where you were, too. Good to hear from you. I think like Joan said, this one should be a row by row thing. The only one that jumps out at me with a suggestion is the row with the alternating triangles with hearts in the center. The area between the triangles makes a sort of zigzag shape that is shouting "feathers" at me. Other than that, you probably have much better ideas that I would. I'm sure whatever you do, it'll be great. Can't wait to see this one finished.

Archived