How to charge for this one?? *Pics added*

Ok, you got the quilt done. It looks much better then it was before. Much better. I think you should have charged your normal price. No matter what you do, quilting is quilting. I charge by the hour, got tired of calculating this and calculating that. It really doesn't matter if someone else had started and finished the quilt before, your still quilting and spending time doing you business. Do you see what mean, this is what you do, you quilt. By the hour, zeke..............

Originally posted by zeke

Ok, you got the quilt done. It looks much better then it was before. Much better. I think you should have charged your normal price. No matter what you do, quilting is quilting. I charge by the hour, got tired of calculating this and calculating that. It really doesn't matter if someone else had started and finished the quilt before, your still quilting and spending time doing you business. Do you see what mean, this is what you do, you quilt. By the hour, zeke..............

I'm not really focused enough to charge by the hour, but I did stop charging for this and that (pressing, trimming, ironing, turning the quilt, etc., etc.,) and instead, charge a $25 set up fee. Sometimes set up is just loading, other times its more involved. I changed thread color in this one 10 times; I charged my normal price for limited custom, but I didn't charge the set up fee. It was a piece of cake to load and quilt since it had been entirely stabilized.

Good advice...thanks!

Archived