PantoVision

Sherry , I have intellistich SR added to my Ult 1 do you have any idea if I could add this product to it??

…I don't see why not. A stitch regulator is a stitch regulator!

So, will this solve our marking problems? We could draw our feather spines, resize and fit exactly on the screen and go. Just being able to have those curves work out would save me a lot of design time?. So I wonder what size the tablet screen in the video was? Sherry, can you address that question? How slowly do you have to move the curser? It appeared on the video that it was very slowly, It it difficult to get smooth curves?

…Now your thinking! You could absolutely do just that! The tablet in the video was about the size of an IPad. If you purchase your own tablet, you can get whatever size you want. Regarding speed, you can move as slowly or as fast as you desire. I'm not a fast mover, slow works better for me. Curves are as much as a challange as thet ever were on a panto, fast works better for that.

I have a terrible time following the large pantos..........can't imagine trying to follow on a small screen. I couldn't find the You Tube video referred to above. I didn't think the demo from the Innova web site showed too much. Is the You Tube video different?

…personally, I felt it was easier to follow a smaller image on the screen. You can zoom in or out on the design and follow whatever size your comfortable with. The YouTube video is the same as the demo video on the website.

Ok another question, will this work on older machines? It is a fascinating too.

…it will work on any stitch regulated machine, old or new.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gator

Ok silly question. Why does it need a stitch regulated machine? It doesn't appear to be attached to the actual machine head (other than the bracket). It's still hand guided, unless I'm missing something.

It's not a silly question at all. The software is wired into the controller boards that read the stitch regulator encoders.

This looks like a great idea unless like me you live in an all Mac (by choice) household. I don't think that I would be able to download new designs to my Mac and then transfer them to a PC based tablet. It would solve the problem of space for anyone with a small sewing room. The machine could be pushed back against a wall if it wasn't necessary to work from the back of the machine.

Sue

The PantoVision software has its own circuit board secret box. That box has a cord which is wired into your controller, the other end of the magic circuit box also has a cord; that cord plugs into the touch screen. All you do after that is turn on the touch screen and panto away. It really is very simple. Hope that helps.

Originally posted by SherryRogers

The PantoVision software has its own circuit board secret box. That box has a cord which is wired into your controller, the other end of the magic circuit box also has a cord; that cord plugs into the touch screen. All you do after that is turn on the touch screen and panto away. It really is very simple. Hope that helps.

Will any of this procedure cancel the APQS warranty? If you wire something not "regulation" to your machine, what does APQS say?

Did I mention how cool this is?:cool:

I would definitely think that if you still had a warranty on your machine, that this could potentially void that warranty! It is an aftermarket product being wired into existing machine circuit boards????

In the case of Intelliquilter, it is not being wired into any circuit boards and it has its own sensors and components, so no, it does not void warranties. Older APQS Machines that would use another SR wired into the machine, would long be past the point of being under warranty, so that is a mute point.

Originally posted by srichardson

This looks like a great idea unless like me you live in an all Mac (by choice) household. I don't think that I would be able to download new designs to my Mac and then transfer them to a PC based tablet. It would solve the problem of space for anyone with a small sewing room. The machine could be pushed back against a wall if it wasn't necessary to work from the back of the machine.

Sue

Sue - not a problem - I am a Mac girl and always download my digitized patterns to my Mac and keep all my backups on my Mac backup drive. I use a USB stick to transfer from my Mac to either my IQ or my AP systems. No special software - just a USB.

I'm totally lost on what features to look for , or that we would need, when buying a tablet. What features do we avoid.. Scrambled brain..

Learned a few more points, sort of.. have to go load a quilt, so will be off line..

One way or another I will learn what I need.

Hi Rita

ABM is working on getting that info up on the site. I'll let you know when that is available.

The following note was posted by Sheri on my Innova forum:

The tablet computer ABM used when I saw it in Portland was a Viewsonic.  This particular tablet runs Windows 7 and Android.  (A definite advantage if  you want to shop 'APP' markets.) But the Android operating system is not necessary to use Pantovision. There are quite a few other Windows 7 tablets on the market. I have an Acer Iconia and love it.  The brand of tablet doesn't matter, just that it runs on Windows 7.  This software WILL NOT run on an IPAD.  It will probably NEVER be built to run on an IPAD.....

If you are truly interested, search for Windows 7 tablets online and read reviews.  Make the best decision for you based on need and price.  Keep in mind the patterns we are going to load are not memory intensive so you don't need the biggest and best out there.

You're welcome Sue. I hope that you do look into this at Road. It is pretty awesome. Having a Window's based tablet isn't a big deal - in fact I have found it a benefit to have a Window's based notebook - Art and Stitch, embroidery software, etc. I found one at a pretty good price and it serves my non-Mac issues. I stick with my Mac for everything else and would never go back to PC for my everyday stuff!!

I briefly emailed Neal. He indicated that to add PantoVision to the APQS machine, you will not have to get into the wiring/circuit boards of the head - they have a device that will allow one to somehow connect to the encoders without disrupting the system - I guess somewhat similar to IQ. I don't have all the facts or specs as to how this will work - it was a brief email exchange. He does not want to affect warranty issues.

I just bought the Acer Iconia W500 tablet to use with the Pantovision. I only mention the W500 because if the model number of a tablet has an "A" in it (for ex. A500), it is Android based and won't work for Pantovision. "W" is for Windows based tablets- at least for the Acers.

I also called Kandi to get on the pre-order list. The Pantovision is not ready for APQS machines. She had no info as to when it would be available but said she would keep in touch. Good to know we won't have to hard wire into our machine. I was kind of disappointed that there was no date that I could expect this but I am justifying the tablet to myself because I've wanted one for a long time and I can use it the 6 mos out of the year when I am travelling to terrier shows.

Passing on the latest info I recieved from ABM regarding tablets.

We have run the PantoVision with a SonicView Veiw pad 10 dual OS tablet, windows 7. We don't have software for droid yet. Tablets that we provide for sale with the system will vary depending upon availability. I would not suggest a netbook as they are not a touchpad and may be more difficult to mount given the keyboard that is part of the netbook. We will post a list of recommended tablets in the near future. Right now we can recommend the ViewSonic.

Archived