This made me laugh!

So.... I created an artist page on Facebook the other day. My daughter, Noelle, saw the page and re-posted it to her page with this comment.

"My mom's Artist Page!! If you don't know what machine quilting is, it looks like sewing a design on a quilt on a loom with some kind of Star Wars machine gun. She does it freehand!"

I never thought about it, but our machines do look a lot like the machine guns Hans Solo used! It sure gave the laugh of the day!

Sorry about the "loom" reference, I will educate her on the correct terminology. Enjoy your day!

Chris

Well, I can tell you I am no techie! I don't know how to share a link, but the name of the page is Feather Creek Quilting by Chris Landis. Not sure if that helps. I'm still learning all this computer stuff and such. The page is still a work in progress, so don't expect too much!

Noelle is an awesome daughter. She is getting her masters in Library Science, very serious studies, but her personality is more like a wonderful little sprite! I am blessed!

Chris

I love the Star Wars reference.... and I wonder if APQS naming it a Millennium was just a coincidence. ;)

Noelle sounds very proud of her mom and isn't the first to refer to the machine as a loom. I had a local cable company do a story on my longarm business and they named the piece.....Longarm Loomer!!! :mad: I couldn't believe it....were they even paying attention. It makes me laugh now.

Kathy, LOL ,I love it! That would make a funny name for a longarmers' guild. The longarm Loomers! I am so glad I am a quilter! What a wonderful community we

have with each other!

BTW how do you guys get all the information with your name, website, blog ect. Not sure where to put that info to have it show up on the posts. Thanks

chris

Gypsy! Thank you! Like all of us, I understand how precious my customers quilts are to them! I love my art and craft and try to give some of that back to my customers. Some days are more successful than others. LOL

I am creating a blog site to tell the stories of some of the quilts I get to quilt as well as my own. I thought I could do that on facebook, but I don't really have the room. Four friends and I have an on going sage of the quilt that never ends. That will be my first post! Wish me luck as I am a horrible speller! Thank goodness for spell check!

Marsha, Roflmao. I did not catch Hons Solo before! Yes, what we do is truly "hands single" Wow! How perceptive you are!

Chris

Chris to enter your information so it shows up at the bottom of a post just go to User Control Panel at the top right of the page. Then go to Edit Profile. Then scroll down to Signature and enter your information in that box. It will then show up each time your create a post or reply to one. Hope that helps.

Archived