Around Town Wall Hanging --ideas?

Here is a 54" x 54" wallhanging I just finished piecing, called 'Around Town' by Twin Cities Quilting. My husband saw it in a shop and asked me to make it. We will likely put it in our livingroom. The shop sample was simple spirals on the circles and straight continuous lines back and forth on the rest. I'd like to do something a little more involved, but keep it contemporary. I would enjoy hearing what your ideas are, if you have the time. Thanks!

post--1346190766741_thumb.jpg

I'd do the curved CH in the circles and then in the other shapped areas I'd do different straight line or squiqly (sp?) lines that are echoed to create structure. In the background areas around the circles and the other shapes I would do the same dense background fill that is a little swirly or peacock feathers. That should push back the background and pop the other shapes.

I have zero experience at machine quilting... but if it were mine and I could have whatever I wanted I think I would do cross hatching on the diagonal in the circles. The background of those squares and all of the pieces that are the darker tie-dye looking fabric I would do small pebbles. And then in the triangles I would alternate with parallel lines and more pebbles (tiny pebbles). That's just my design sense. (And I have a limited knowledge library)

Have fun whatever road you take! It is BEAUTIFUL!!!

-Keri

Archived