NQR Cat approved computing

As soon as I sit down to use the laptop, the lapcats arrive and take up their position on my arms. Sometimes the Siamese, Meiling, sneaks over and ends up with her fanny on the chair, her tummy on my arm and her head on the keyboard. My sister and I laugh and blame all the poor typing on cats! The yellow cat, Cricket usually stays put. At least I don't have to fight for space on my longarm. They steer clear of the sewing room thank goodness. I guess because I never stand still in there. LOL

post--13461907718745_thumb.jpg

Cricket knows all about mice. One wonderful spring day I had the side door open with no screen. Cricket brought a small mouse inside for my approval. I trapped it and put it back outside. Later on in the day, she brought me another mouse. I took it outside. Once more she brought me a mouse and I am thinking, wow, she must have found a nest of mice out there! My husband came home that afternoon and I was telling him about the many mice Cricket caught. He asked me what I did with the mice and I told him I caught them and took them back outside. He looked at the open door and started to laugh. What??? I said. His answer? SAME MOUSE! DUH!

My cat is front and center when you read the newspaper, work on the computer, or heaven forbid, get the sewing machine out. There have been any number of times that she's lucky her tail wasn't sewn into a quilt. I call her Quality Control - cause she is smokin over everything I'm doing to make sure it's done to her satisfaction!!! At times, she is beyond herself and takes swipes at the threads. Thank fully she is smart enough to stay away from the needle.

They look so cute!

A cat in my lap is how I got my posting name. Back when I was first on the internet and message boards we had a big Maine Coon calico. She'd climb up and sit on my lap while I was at the desk on the computer. So since we were a "team" I used the name Calicokat -- calico for her, kat for me.

Archived