Sea Turtle quilt - Circle Lord Rope border

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

I just finished this quilt for a customer. I'm not much of a freehander, but after trying unsuccessfully to find a decent sea turtle stencil, I decided to draw them myself with the machine! I also did freehand seaweed in the blocks and freehanded the CC -- it's not lovely, but it works. The border was accomplished in about two minutes with the Circle Lord Rope template -- what a joy to use! Fast, easy, and PERFECT rope! :) The rope template has some cool corner designs, but since this was a sea life theme, I made my own -- sand dollars. The customer was thrilled.

Linda

1312_Sea_Turtles_1.jpg

1312_Sea_Turtles_2_1.jpg

1312_Rope_Border_2_1.jpg

Great job girl:)

I understand about the free-handing stuff, but I too have been PPPing, & I just may get there some day, ;) I still like panto's better, though I know some of you gals don't use them much, I love them, & I'm comfie with them.

But I must get good at free hand, as there arn't any free-hander's in my area, & I gather (from my guild mates) that there is a great need/wish for one.

Linda, I love your sand dollar corners, just right & the turtles are wonderful.:cool:

P.S. great pic's girl

Linda,

I love this one. I like the way you did the turtles, that

cursive "L" on the shell is way cool.:cool: And the

seaweed really sets off the turtles.

But the borders just knock me out.

The rope is great...another template for my wishlist.

The surf curling in the border just follows the whole theme

of this beauty. And you designed the sand dollars in the

corners. You go girl.

Guest Linda S

Woohoo! Good for you Linda B. I think you'll love it. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Donna - this was not done with the CQ - A Circle Lord will cost you about a tenth or less than a CQ will! :)

Linda

O.K. B.J. Wetzel here you go, this is how I do the picture thing:)

First find the pic you want in your my "My pictures" file (on your PC)........left click on it......

then click on "EDIT" that will get you into "PAINT" ...........at the top of the screen click on "IMAGE", then click " STREACH" change both numbers from 100 to 50 .......click "OK" then click on "FILE", click "SAVE AS" .....type the word "EDIT beside what ever file name thats there,........click on save.....

click the red "X" at the top right, now do that for all the pic's you want to post.

Now that's done.........When you want to post a pic in your new post...... at the bottom of the post you are working in, you will fill the word "Browse", click on it........now find your "MY pictures" files........then find the pic's you made smaller,......double click on the first one.(you can only put one pic in at a time)..........then at the bottom click "Post Reply".........now that should get you the first pic onto your post.............now for the second pic.........scroll down to the bottom of the post page, at the right, in a blue box, click on "reply" .........that gets you an other new post for your next pic....type some thing into the box at the top...........then click on "Browse" , then find photo #2 double click on it, click post...........do this last part for as many pic's as you want to show, each one must have it's own post box.

This will only work for pic's on your p.c , it will not work for photo's on the internet.

Good luck girl, if you have any prob's let me know, you can even e-mail me if you want.:)

Archived