Friends Across the Ocean.....

Remember these blocks? Friendship Stars for a block swap......

I sent them off over the sea to Shannon who gathered in the blocks, shuffled them all and sent them back.....that was way back in the spring.

I set myself a task to finish up some UFO's and this was one of them....it turned out not too bad considering some of those blocks were a bit on the small side....some of us need to take care with our quarter inch seems???

I made two sets of blocks so had enough to make a queen sized quilt and pillow shams....

Anyhow it's finished now and I think it's destined for a Christmas gift......It was a little expensive with shipping...so probably won't do it again but it was fun....

As usual more information on my BLOG

6484260217_4c95729336_z.jpg

'Friends Across the Ocean!' block exchange by Borderline Quilter, on Flickr

6484255517_a31a721047_z.jpg

'Friends Across the Ocean!' block exchange by Borderline Quilter, on Flickr

post--13461907764689_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by sandradarlington

It really looks so nice. I wouldn't be able to give it away if it was mine.

Originally posted by nanbrug

Really pretty. I don't think I could give it away it's too pretty. The backing material goes so nice with the quilt front. Nice work. Lucky person whoever is getting it.

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

I saw one of mine of there! I love the way they turned out as well. I couldn't give it away - no one else can appreciate that these for all our Quilty Friends.

You Guy's are no good for support....lol.....I'm struggling to contain my quilt stash never mind fabric stash.....I had planned to give two quilts as Christmas gifts, this one and one that I'm just finishing up the borders of the top, it's still to quilt and I'm liking it more and more as I finish the top, I know I won't be able to give it away....I love all of my quilts...what's a girl to do....one thing for sure I won't freeze!,

Archived