T-shirt quilt pic of xmas gifts (One more quilt pic added)

Libby, the Nebraska quilt is all 15" blocks and so is the school colors quilt. The "Sex in the City" quilt had 15" blocks in each corner but the other shirts were too small so those are about 12" that I angled and used fabric to make them fit in 15" block. The two really small logos, I used extra sashing around them and angled as well to fit the same size block. I didn't really measure the whole quilts, but they are throw sizes. I think they're just the right size to snuggle in.

You might be thinking I made a lot of quilts for my daughter, but she wanted a comforter for her bed and both my other sons wanted a (store-bought denim and a store-bought hunting design quilt). The T-shirts are an added surprise. Didn't take pictures of my one sons T-shirt quilt because it is just a normal one with all his old T-shirts on it. But I knew my daughter would like this for her new apartment on the couch and it has all the colors she loves.

post--13461907779916_thumb.jpg

Thanks Sheri. I love my IQ. Especially doing panto work. I can have it sewing away while I work on another quilt or wrapping Christmas gifts. (When it was sewing, I was fusing stabilizer on the next T-shirt quilt block) I feel like I'm getting twice as much done with it and no strain on my back.

Thanks Anne, the one for my daughters couch is called Green Tea and I bought the kit with all the colors from Hancocks of Paducah. I pieced the strips and then they have a template that you cut the curve out. You cut the solid blocks at the same time as the pieced ones and do one row at a time. I thought cutting with the curve with a rotary cutter would be hard, but it was really easy. I loved doing the "Sex in the City" quilt and think my daughter will love it. She's a big fan, as we just went to New York this summer and took the "Sex in the City" tour. This quilt cost more to make than most because I actually went on-line and bought all of the T-shirts with the intent of cutting them up for the quilt. If it wasn't for that, I would have made it a little bigger. :)

Thanks for all the nice comments. I can't till Christmas to give them their quilts. I haven't given them (pieced) quilts for Christmas for a few years now, but I have made them fleece throw quilts that they like alot. I'm holding them for last after their other gifts are opened. :)

Archived